Please don't all laugh at me. But..........

sandi_84

Visit site
Trakehner, sure this was tongue-in-cheek and in another context would have been funny . . . but, it was unnecessarily cutting. Yes, OP needs to work on her spelling and grammar, but your post came across as mean spirited.

P

It's not being mean...she wants to write a book. You can't write as if you're texting friends on your phone. You proof read your own writing before it ever goes to a proof reader. If you can't put a sentence together without a lot of editing, you won't do well and people won't look at your work.

If you want to write, write well. If you want to text and do friends on Facebook or Twitter, it doesn't matter. Two different worlds. Anyone who wishes to be a writer better polish their skills. Just like riding, it takes practice and doing it correctly.

OP, don't worry about stuff like spelling and grammer right now, write it all down and THEN you can use spell check ;) Also spelling and grammer corrections are what editors are for :D xXx

TelH

Visit site
Perspective would depend a lot on your target audience. Writing from a horse's point of view would work if you were writing children's literature but probably not so much if adults were your target readership. Editing your work is very important as is correct presentation of your manuscript if you want to approach publishers. Doing a creative writing course would probably teach you a lot and help to guide you in the right direction :)

Visit site
If you have ever read a book where there is 2 perspectives, in different fonts if you get me? So there would be the same senario, one is your perspective and one is the horses but of the same event. :)

team barney

Visit site
There's also no saying that the story has to be told from one perspective only. Perhaps it can be a mixture of perspectives, according to the demands of each episode.

This^^^

Go for it, no harm in having trying and you can always self publish on kindle :) good luck and more importantly have fun writing

JenJ

Visit site
If you're dislexic, get one of the computer programmes that will type out anything you say. Dislexia won't matter since you will just be speaking into a mike.

Good luck, you've got a challenge ahead.

*dyslexia :)

Go for it Laura - I'll buy a copy for sure xx

Achinghips

Visit site
I personally tend to find things written totally from the animal's point of view a bit trite if serious subjects are being covered. It can be funny for short passages, but I find it a bit wearing for entire books. Writing from a first person perspective can be hard as well, as it all starts to feel a bit 'me me me me meeee'!:p

This ^^ Can't get past the first chapter with that style

benson21

Visit site
Have a practice! Think about just one short episode that you would like to put in the book, write it in all 3 perspectives, (PM to someone on here if you want one of us to check it for you) then put it up on here. we can all have a quick read, and then let you know which one we like the most! x