Please help me identify / find a barrow like this one:

Angelbones

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just hoping that someone out there knows where I can get a replacement barrow like this one:

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

Sadly after 12 years of excellent daily service in all weathers, and a few homespun repairs along the way, the rust has finally got through the axle and it keeled over today :( I know it was stupidly expensive when new, and recently did find one listed on the internet but for the life of me cannot find it again now that I need it :confused:

The only identifying mark on it is a sticker on the handle "trailer barrow".

I've googled under every description I can think of - tbar handle, twin wheel, two wheels, barrow, trailer, flat load, etc etc but can't find it.

Any help gratefully received, I know how some of you love a shopping challenge :D In the meantime I'll be looking for a handsome welder with time on his hands...

Thank you x

Angelbones

Visit site

Angelbones

Visit site

Angelbones

Visit site
How big is the old one, cant see from the photos?

Totally forgot to measure today but a bale of shavings will lie comfortably in the flat base of the barrow, and I guess the overall green barrow part would be 1m long or maybe a bit more, and approx 30cm deep. The tyres would be at least 30cm diameter. If I park it in the doorway of a Monarch type stable I can just get through if I turn sideways so its quite wide, certainly wider than an average barrow. I'll get accurate measurements tomorrow.

Kallibear

Visit site
Take it to a blacksmith (not a farrier ;)) and get them to repair it. It will be FAR cheaper than getting a new one! They will be able to replace all the metal part easily.

albeg

Visit site
These might be who you're looking for...LINK

Can't find a website though, which is strange, but might be worth a try...

EDIT: Found a link which seems to suggest they may no longer be there...:(

Last edited:

Zerotolerance

Visit site
I too have one of these barrows, prob about 18 years old! My OH got someone to make a new metal frame for it as, like yours, it had eventually rusted through. So it's now as good as new. Might be worth finding someone who does metalwork to do the same for yours. Challenge for your farrier perhaps?
Used to be able to buy the barrows in 2 sizes from Scats, but haven't seen any for a few years.