Please help with a registered name for my new boy!

Petal77

Visit site
Hi everyone. I got my new horse last Friday and he is proving to be a real star! Ever so happy with him. I need to send off his passport to Horse Sport Ireland, and although he was registered with them as a foal, he does not have a registered name (just a number) on his passport. So... I need help as I need to suggest four possible names for them to use!!

He is a 6 year old Irish Sports Horse, a bright and fiery chestnut with a teardrop star, currently 17.1 but will grow a little more. Sire: Mountain Pearl, Dam: Dane Clover. Other parentage includes: Mountain View, Glen Star, Mountain Heather, Clover Hill.

His stable name is Red so I would like something that incorporates fire, flame or connotations of heat/colour etc.

The limit is 26 characters to include spaces.

Please help!!

PS sorry but I have no idea how to post pictures of him!!

GemG

Visit site
Mountain Dance With Fire

Mountain Dare Devil

Mountain Deep Crimson

.? ?

I always think you should use the initial of the dam as part of name...

Shay

Visit site
Run whatever you choose past SHI - you can't pick the same name as something currently registered and you'll save a lot of hassle and wasted postage if you check with them first! (Or pick a prefix which is unrepeatable such as a series of initials.)

Petal77

Visit site
Run whatever you choose past SHI - you can't pick the same name as something currently registered and you'll save a lot of hassle and wasted postage if you check with them first! (Or pick a prefix which is unrepeatable such as a series of initials.)

great idea, thanks! Will do that.

ihatework - I am hoping he won't live up to your suggestion of Volcano!! lol!

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
How about Calcifer ?

Slightly different..it is a fire spirit in 'Howl's Moving Castle' a sort of japanese fairy tale..and if you wanted to incorporate the irish theme ie the clover something like..

Calcifer's Clover
Calcifer's Luck
Calcifer Star
Calcifer's Spark
Flame of Calcifer
Mount Calcifer

..or you' got the 'Pearl' aspect so precious stones...
Ruby Fire
Ruby in the Rough
The Ruby Star

other red stones...Sunstone, Imperial Topaz, Garnet, Jasper

Sunstone Flame/Fire
Imperial Topaz (itself is quite grand)

Food for thought LRR

Petal77

Visit site
Wow thanks everyone, some brilliant suggestions! I like Fire Mountain as I had thought of Mountain Fire, and love the thought of incorporating some Irishness into the name if possible...

Any more suggestions?!

FairyLights

Visit site
Mountain Fire sounds good. Mountains of Mourne are in Ireland
Tine Sleibhe is Mountain Fire in gaelic

Last edited: