Please help

Flame_

Visit site
You've only just joined and you have a complaint already?????

Why don't you just leave again if you don't like it here?
confused.gif

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
Or, given that you're a newbie, have you rejoined under a different name and want to complain about something that was done to you under your previous name?

Sorry if I'm being overly suspicious but theres been too many un-genuine people on here lately.

xebec

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You've only just joined and you have a complaint already?????

Why don't you just leave again if you don't like it here?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please! Speaking as a newbie who has committed the heinous crime of not doing an intro before a first post - this is just the sort of attitude that prevents people from joining in - let alone being accepted until some sort of initiation ceremony/ideal number of posts has been passed!

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
This person has joined to get involved with the Jamie Gray threads - one of which has now been pulled so i suspect that is what he wishes to complain about.

All you can do is send a PM to admin stating what your problem is?

Dressagebabe

Visit site
Oh dear, how sad, Welcome to the Forum, Hope we are not all tarred with the same brush. I am sure you will find it very helpful and informative along with finding a few Cyber friends too.

Flame_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Oh please! Speaking as a newbie who has committed the heinous crime of not doing an intro before a first post - this is just the sort of attitude that prevents people from joining in - let alone being accepted until some sort of initiation ceremony/ideal number of posts has been passed!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised people have been anything other than welcoming if you have joined to ask horsey questions, chat and share ideas and experiences. That is a shame. However, personally I will be anything but welcoming to someone whose third post is about running to admin. I think that is really mean-spirited and I'd never dream of joining a forum, only to make a complaint about it on my first blooming day. I would just quietly decide it wasn't for me or give it more of a chance. This forum is huge so I doubt people can remember who has done introduction posts. I hope you stay, chill and give things a chance - most people on here seem to get along just fine with no intervention from admin, including newbies.
wink.gif

xebec

Visit site
Thanks for the welcome Dressage Babe
smile.gif
. I'm no stranger to forums but sometimes I think peeps under-estimate just how difficult it can be to join - what can seem to an 'outsider' a clique - when they're safely on the 'inside'.

I've lurked long enough to discover that there's not only a wealth of knowledge here, but also support and friendship to look forwards to <raisesaglassofsomethingalcoholic>
cool.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Just jump in and post! I never did an intro post and I'm still here some years later.

The forum is big enough for people to make of it what they choose
smile.gif

Smash

Visit site
Intro posts? I never bother - they just seem like a waste of space. What's to say, hi I'm new? It's bloody obvious you're new if you don't have any posts.
grin.gif

xebec

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I hope you stay, chill and give things a chance - most people on here seem to get along just fine with no intervention from admin, including newbies.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi KVS, I'm quite chilled thank you
cool.gif
but I sadly your mention of how you "will be anything but welcoming to someone whose third post is about running to admin" actually underlines what I said in my OP. Ironically, my post tally was 3 too....

xebec

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What's to say, hi I'm new? It's bloody obvious you're new if you don't have any posts.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL t'is a bit obvious isn't it ;-), thanks for that (and scotsmare and lzt).
cool.gif
. <yeay>

barnybaby

Visit site
I understand why you would say that but it isn't like that.

Something was done to a dear friend of mine. I was made aware of this today so I joined. In all honesty that was my sole reason for joining but now I'm here I'm glad I did join. There's alot going on around here.

carys220

Visit site
If someone has been banned by admin they wouldn't have done it lightly and would have considered it very carefully. They must've violated T&Cs pure and simple so there really would be any point complaining to admin about it. IMO

carys220

Visit site
If you're going to reply to people who posted some time ago it might be worth quoting so as not to confuse as you are doing now.

barnybaby

Visit site
There was a reason given but admin would know for sure the reason couldn't possibly apply to my friend.

I'm not sure how much I can say about this situation without being cautioned/kicked off myself.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Then why not ask them how to complain, rather than asking all the forum users who have bothered to read the thread? This does rather strike as being a trolling move, particularly in conjunction with your posts in LN

carys220

Visit site
The reason clearly did apply as admin banned them.....just because you think your dear friend wasn't capable of this doesn't really factor.

This is a free forum provided by H&H admin and they decide who needs to go when rules have been broken.

In my knowledge they have never banned someone just because 'they feel like it'..........why is it that important to you?

I don't want to sound mean and patronising but...get a life!