Please keep your fingers crossed - colic surgery

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Sending you lots of hugs and tons of positive vibes. My boy was admitted with colic recently, but luckily nothing so serious, and I must admit it was the most terrifying experience I've ever gone through with him.

Really hope your boy picks up soon. It's amazing what can be done these days. Sending you and your boy lots of love and well wishes. Xx

Rafferoo

Visit site
Sending lots of healing vibes - I hope that gut gets going again tonight. Mine had successful surgery 3 years ago and i know how traumatic it is so keeping everything crossed for you and your boy.

Splishsplash

Visit site
Sorry for being slow with the update, i've been sat with him at the vets all day. He's no better unfortunately and the vets have started talking about whether an option would be a second surgery :( . I'm really not sure what to do. He was still quite bright today and i took him for a couple of walks whilst they were sorting his drip out. His reflux is much the same, it's been a rollercoaster with the amount they've been siphoning out of his stomach reducing only to go up massively the next time they do it. His heart rate is still too high and went over 70 for the first time since Monday but then came back down to the early 60s. They scanned him this afternoon and the top of his small intestine is trying to work but the bottom (which is the section where he had the op) isn't working at all still, despite them trying a second drug which they had hoped would get things going. He's desperate to drink something and spent ages licking the bottom of an empty bowl whilst they were preparing to reflux him and tried to drink every puddle we walked past on our little walks. He also spent a good 10 mins staring at some haynets and talked to somebody else's dinner bowl. He's clearly desperate to eat and drink and is chirpy enough that it's really hard to reconcile with the vets telling me how seriously ill he is. Please just keep everything crossed that we finally start to see some improvement in the next 24 hours :)

haras

Visit site
Any updates on George? Fingers crossed for him.

I have a mare who had colic surgery when she was in foal. That was two years ago and I now have her and a healthy yearling, she was re-sected too, as she'd swallowed a small length of wire that had damaged her gut.

There is hope, although it makes you forever paranoid about colic.

Lady La La

Visit site
How is he doing? Have been following this, and keeping everything I have crossed for you. Serious vibes coming your way, all the way from Essex xxx