Please, please pray for my boy :-'(

micki

Visit site
Really sorry for your loss. It must have been really hard but really glad you were strong enough to be there for your boys at the end, i never got the chance with my girl and i will never forgive myself for not being there for her.

daviedevs

Visit site
So sorry for your losses.

I know how devastating it is...and the guilt you feel.

I blamed myself for all Jess's problems, regardless of the support i got from friends and forum members.

You did the best thing by them and they can go play with Jess now..though she will probably bully them a bit.

Run free boys.

Davie.

sharonmaskell

Visit site
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

What a lovely quote. My thoughts are with you. Be strong.

LA&Murph

Visit site
I'm sorry this is all in caps, I'd rewrite, but at work it's a little difficult. I found this poem somewhere and have had it for a couple years (I'd give credit to author, but I honestly can't remember where it's from). I think it's lovely.

My Grandest Foal

I'LL LEND YOU FOR A LITTLE WHILE
MY GRANDEST FOAL, HE SAID.
FOR YOU TO LOVE WHILE SHE'S ALIVE
AND MOURN FOR WHEN SHE'S DEAD.
IT MAY BE ONE OR TWENTY YEARS,
OR DAYS OR MONTHS, YOU SEE.
BUT, WILL YOU, TILL I TAKE HER BACK,
TAKE CARE OF HER FOR ME?
SHE'LL BRING HER CHARMS TO GLADDEN YOU,
AND SHOULD HER STAY BE BRIEF,
YOU'LL HAVE TREASURED MEMORIES
AS SOLACE FOR YOUR GRIEF.
I CANNOT PROMISE SHE'LL STAY,
SINCE ALL FROM EARTH RETURN.
BUT, THERE ARE LESSONS TAUGHT ON EARTH
I WANT THIS FOAL TO LEARN.
I'VE LOOKED THE WIDE WORLD OVER
IN MY SEARCH FOR TEACHERS TRUE.
AND FROM THE THRONGS THAT CROWD LIFE'S LANES,
WITH TRUST, I HAVE SELECTED YOU.
NOW WILL YOU GIVE HER YOUR TOTAL LOVE?
NOR THINK THE LABOR VAIN,
NOR HATE ME WHEN I COME
TO TAKE HER BACK AGAIN?
I KNOW YOU'LL GIVE HER TENDERNESS
AND LOVE WILL BLOOM EACH DAY.
AND FOR THE HAPPINESS YOU'VE KNOWN!
FOREVER GRATEFUL STAY.
BUT SHOULD I COME AND CALL FOR HER
MUCH SOON THAN YOU PLANNED
YOU'LL BRAVE THE BITTER GRIEF THAT COMES
AND SOMEDAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.
FOR THOUGH I'LL CALL HER HOME TO ME
THIS PROMISE TO YOU I DO MAKE,
FOR ALL THE LOVE AND CARE YOU GAVE
SHE'LL WAIT FOR YOU, INSIDE HEAVEN'S GATE

paulineh

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and a double one too.

It is never easy to loss love ones at any time of the year but at Christmas it is worse.

Remember the good times, the fun you had.

Canter over Rainbow Bridge pain free

image.jpg

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Thoughts are with you today and in the days ahead.

The price we pay for loving them is the depth of grief at their loss, but in the end, the grief lessens and the love remains.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Sat here bawling my eyes out again(in a good way,..I think :eek:) at all of the lovely messages and support :eek: :(
Its been one of the toughest times but I have fantastic people around me and wow, what a lovely bunch of people on here. You just dont know what a huge comfort it has been to come here and see so many people`s empathy for the situation. No-one has judged my decision or made me feel bad etc, just pure love and support, thank you so so much :)

I havent been down to the other horses today yet, someone else has been and checked them. Im dragging my heels because I know Im going to have to face them not being there. Goliath`s big fluffy (albeit very muddy..!!) dinner plate feet stomping towards me, me cursing at his "naughty" piece of mane that would never sit the side I wanted it to, the way he always would come and see me at the gate but then wander over to get himself in his dinner place....and little Beau trying to get under the gate at me or mugging me for "sweeties", and his funny little Tina Turner hairdo. These and many many other things are the ones that Im going to miss the most :(:(:(:(:(

Gingerwitch

Visit site
It will take a while.... i lost my big lad 28th August... and i was sat bawling something silly about him today- i was just looking for the ponies stockings... and found big lads from last year - and remember his funny face he pulled and him picking a treat from it :)- but the good times are starting to become to the front of my mind more than the bad.

You honestly did the right thing for your horses - and have a hug from me - the song it will be lonely this christmas is playing in the background and i am filing up again :(

God bless
x

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
It will take a while.... i lost my big lad 28th August... and i was sat bawling something silly about him today- i was just looking for the ponies stockings... and found big lads from last year - and remember his funny face he pulled and him picking a treat from it :)- but the good times are starting to become to the front of my mind more than the bad.

You honestly did the right thing for your horses - and have a hug from me - the song it will be lonely this christmas is playing in the background and i am filing up again :(

God bless
x

Oh hell, you set me off again....us horsey people eh..?? :eek:
Im sorry to hear about your boy, I know things will get easier in time but as you say, its sometimes the little things that can drag you back there :(

FionaM12

Visit site
No words are adequate, but I just wanted to offer my deepest sympathy. Take care of yourself and try to find comfort in the knowledge that you did the very best for your beloved boys. Xxxxx

ISHmad

Visit site
If all horses could have such an owner as you the horse world would be a much better place. Take care and give yourself all the time in the world to grieve x

swilliam

Visit site
i'm so sorry. It is hard - I still cry sometimes for the pony we lost 6 years ago - and still have his ashes in the dining room - but it does get easierx

JenHunt

Visit site
I've only just come across this thread, and wanted to say how sorry I am to hear that you had to say goodbye to them both.

Purpura is horrid, my parents nearly lost one of theirs to it about 20 years ago, and although he recovered he never was quite fit again, and had other issues to boot. You made a very brave and selfless decision for them both, and you should be proud of yourself for that.

RIP boys.