Please pray for her

Lady La La

Visit site
Thank you for the kind words everyone.

I can't quite believe she is gone, each time I think there are no more tears left I look at her photo and my heart breaks all over again. It was a truly awful thing to have happened to her and I only wish I could turn back time and stop this whole mess from happening - it was only yesterday I was making arrangements for her to be at my wedding, it doesn't seem right. :(

AfricanBeauty

Visit site
Lady Lala I'm so sorry for your loss, I've only just read this post and cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. Big hugs for you. Remember all the good times you had, and you can rest easy that you know you did the right thing for her and she is at peace now.
RIP Starla, gone but not forgotten.

debsflo

Visit site
just got in and checked as had been hoping for good news. i am so sorry to hear this very sad news.i hope youre ok and when you recover from the shock can remember the nice memories. rip starla.

Mike007

Visit site
I will be thinking of your poor horse (hope that counts as a prayer). Oh lord,I have just now read she is gone.I guess I know where you are at(There are tears in my eyes and I have just been staring at a picture of Lancelot). Youb are going through hell at the moment ,I know . PM me if you need to talk.

bryngelenponies

www.biopharm-leeches.com
I'll lend you for a little while
My grandest foal, He said,
For you to love while she's alive
And mourn for when she's dead.

It may be one or twenty years,
Or days or months, you see.
But, will you, till I take her back,
Take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
And should her stay be brief,
You'll have treasured memories
To bring solace in your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return.
But, there are lessons taught on earth
I want this foal to learn.

I've looked the wide world over
In my search for teachers true.
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes
With trust I have selected you.

Now will you give her your total love,
Nor think the labour vain,
Nor hate Me when I come
To take her back again?

I know you'll give her tenderness
And love will bloom each day.
And for the happiness you've known
Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for her
Much sooner than you'd planned,
You'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And someday understand.

So sorry for your loss.

alainax

Visit site
I'll lend you for a little while
My grandest foal, He said,
For you to love while she's alive
And mourn for when she's dead.

It may be one or twenty years,
Or days or months, you see.
But, will you, till I take her back,
Take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
And should her stay be brief,
You'll have treasured memories
To bring solace in your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return.
But, there are lessons taught on earth
I want this foal to learn.

I've looked the wide world over
In my search for teachers true.
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes
With trust I have selected you.

Now will you give her your total love,
Nor think the labour vain,
Nor hate Me when I come
To take her back again?

I know you'll give her tenderness
And love will bloom each day.
And for the happiness you've known
Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for her
Much sooner than you'd planned,
You'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And someday understand.

So sorry for your loss.

OMG, I'm in flooods of tears, ive heard the rainbow bridge story, but this really broke me. :(:(:(:(
I cant stand losing them :(

on googling your poem i also found

"If it should be that I grow weak, and pain should keep me from my sleep. Then you must do what must be done, for this last battle cannot be won.,

You will be sad, I understand, don't let your grief then stay your hand. For this day more than all the rest, your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years, what is to come can hold no fears. You'd not want me to suffer so, the time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend, and please stay with me until the end. Hold me firm and speak to me, until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see, the kindness that you did for me. Although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering, I've been saved.

Please do not grieve it must be you, who had this painful thing to do. We've been so close, we two, these years, don't let your heart hold back its tears.
~Author Unknown~
"

And heres rainbow bridge for those who dont know it -

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

They may just be words, but they can sometimes shed a little comfort in the hard times.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Visit site
She's gone. She's at peace now and pain free. She didn't have the positive reaction to the drugs the vet was hoping for and we made the decision to say goodbye this afternoon. Sleep well my beautiful starla la la xxx

Only just read your sad news. I'm so sorry she didn't pull through.
RIP Starla

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I am so sorry, poor sweet Starla.
I think many of us understand how broken your heart feels tonight and endless the tears are. Reading this, my heart is taken back to the day I lost my most beloved horse and my tears are not for her or me, but for you in your grief for Starla. I hope the memories of her will soften your sadness.

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Oh I am so sorry she didn't respond to the drugs. I'm sat here with leaky eyes for you - thank god I'm the only one in the office.
You did all you could for and I'm sure that wherever she is she is thanking you for trying to help her. Big hugs to you hun xxxx