PLEASE SIGN PETITION-14TH NOVEMBER DEADLINE!!

blueberry

stores.ebay.co.uk
PLEASE, PLEASE READ AND SIGN IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY DONE SO- WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.THE DEADLINE IS 14TH NOVEMBER SO NOT LONG TO GO.
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN WELL DISCUSSED ON THIS FORUM BUT I KNOW THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY WE CAN ALL AGREE ON THIS ONE.
smile.gif

Around 100,000 horses transported into and across Europe for slaughter each year. Horses are able to be transported vast distances in horrendous conditions with few, if any, checks en route as a result of the removal of many Border Inspection Posts. The meat from these horses, ponies, donkeys and mules will end up in YOUR dinner plate - Italian Salami contains donkey meat, and other processed meats from the continent will contain equine meat as well. If they are eaten, then at least give them the dignity of an end that is pain free and comfortable.

- These journeys are inhumane and unnecessary, causing horses to suffer from dehydration, exhaustion and in many cases to die

- Journey times are excessively long, with horses being permitted to travel for 24 hours before they are rested off the lorry

- When the laws are properly enforced it is more cost effective to slaughter close to source and transport carcases in refrigerated lorries. However, this trade continues, suggesting that enforcement is completely inadequate
(quote taken from the petition site)

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/cruelhorsedeaths/

Thankyou.

Onyxia

Visit site
Signed and posted on guild forum.Mainly young guys who dont think outside their PC's but I know a fair few are pasionate about animal wellfare.

Fantasy_World

Visit site
Signed and emailed to as many people as I can remember in my email address book. Most have contacts who own horses or run a business involving horses so hopefully the word will spread even more.
Personally I would rather see no horses or equines being slaughtered commercially for meat but heh none of us live in an 'ideal' world now do we? However if I can help end the suffering caused by the transportation of these poor animals then at least I will feel I have achieved something.
Caz