PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HORSES

Diesky

Visit site
Well in the case of the ones that were rescued - all the horses at the farm at the time were rescued and from there people sorted out horses they felt they could offer a home for

some offered based on riding potention or the fact they had a foal at foot and the rest said, I have room who needs a home. The people in France gave us a brief description of character from a few visits and it went from there

Fairynuff

Visit site
Of course it is Tia! There seem to be only a few of us insensitive old farts around
crazy.gif
. I prefer to think that we have our feet on the ground and our brains in gear! God , am I becoming cynical in my old age? Mairi.
smile.gif

wilder

www.parkviewsaddlery.com
the ones that are chosen are the urgent cases not because they look pretty or may make some money
urgent as in ready for the lorry that is why they have the urgent list (again some people not reading all)
rht god forbid your horse ever becomes useless
mairi i strongly object that you still indicate we are some airheads that don,t know what we are doing i have been around horses over 30 yrs i ain,t stupid
we are not buying unseen we have people in france looking at these horses, you could say the same about buying a horse from the paper you never really know a horse until you have it,
and as for using images for a campaign yes they work but how many people look at a pic and actually feeled compelled to do something usually it is shame for the horse and then go on about their business again i say to have the actually animal hits home a lot harder
why don,t one of you who is so against what we did state the facts clearly why you don,t like it and we will try to answer these questions
after all we are all adults i hope regard our horses with compassion,

htobago

Visit site
Hey - c'mon everyone, there's no need to get unpleasant about this! Let's not get into a competition over who is more caring or who does more for equine welfare or who is a better person - or (for heaven's sake) who is bestest buddies with the ILPH!

Can't we just accept that we all care about horses and want to help those in distress, but perhaps have different ways of doing this?

If the rescue of a few French horses draws attention to the plight of those subjected to horrific transport conditions, and raises awareness of this issue, then surely that is a good thing?

And if a few horses who would otherwise have suffered are now in kind, loving homes, then surely this is a good thing too?

No, such isolated rescues do not 'solve the problem', but the ILPH and other reputable charities do rescue individual horses, as well as running more general campaigns. And many reputable charities do publicize the 'stories' of individual rescued horses as part of their fund-raising efforts, and to raise awareness of the issues.

Please - we're all on the same side here, we all want the same things. Can we not just allow each other to contribute in our own ways?

Tia

Visit site
Sorry but you really aren't saving anything. There are still hundreds and thousands of horses going to the meat-market.

To try to do something you have to look at the BIGGER picture. This is what I do and I know in my own little way that I am doing something constructive to help the situation. Buying some meat horses does NOT solve this problem.

Leave ILPH (and the UK Govt) to try to push through legislation.

wilder

www.parkviewsaddlery.com
tell that to my horse in the field that i ain,t really saving anything.
it is like we keep saying one thing but you are not listening
yes we have brought horses over but this does lead to the bigger picture
i wouldn,t of posted on here about this for one,
once again we know buying a few horses won,t solve the problem but going in the papers and making more people aware of what goes on does help, making the ilph campaign upfront is making a difference we are doing somethin constructive to make a difference in the long run
uk govt are you joking they have slowly dessimated our british farming and would be quite happy for us to buy meat abroad i think if i sat on my hands and waited for the govt to do anything it would be a long wait

Dusty

Visit site
This is what makes me laugh..all those who STILL think that these folks believe that by saving some horses they are going to solve this problem.
I dont think any of them are under any illusions or in fact deluded!
They know that this is not going to solve the problem, but they are correct in believing that these horses can be used to make the general public more aware of whats happening.
Not everyone gets the leaflets etc from the ILPH.
So a lot of people who know nothing about this, will now know because some local papers have already ran the story, also giving the link to the ILPH for people to learn more.
So dont you think that this is a good thing?
Bringing this to the attention of a wider audience can do no harm.
Its a good story to hit the general public with..some horses rescued from the journey to the meat man and then the links to the ILPH.

It needs to reach a wider area..then maybe more people will be on board and back the campaign..which might push the UK government into action..mind you they are a joke.

I think its great that there will be folks out there who will read/hear of what the girls have done, folks who will say "I didnt know this happened" and guess what..now they do and now they might just add their voice to the many others.

MagicMelon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He's lovely but what's wrong with him going for meat? Do you eat meat? Cows are sent for meat all the time, same as pigs and sheep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its wrong to eat horses. Its my opinion. I think horses have a proper use and they are wasted going for meat. Cows and sheep etc. in the UK and France arent used for anything other than meat. Horses ARE different. I do think its wrong. I think its also extremely cruel to travel them in horrific ways / too far to a slaughter house. I would love to save them all but sadly this sort of market will always go on somewhere. I do really respect those who do buy horses destined for meat and think any horses saved is a great thing. But yes, of course it needs to be sorted on a wider scale but that aint gonna happen anytime soon realistically.