Polite Notice Hi-Viz

DougalJ

Visit site
I bought a couple of weeks ago the POLITE notice tabard that looks very much like a police vest. It has all been approved by the police etc etc. Here is a pic if you havent seen them:-

http://www.rockinghorseequestrian.com/product/Polite_Notice_High_Viz_Waistcoat_RH400

Does anyone else out there wear it and are you getting comments and being stopped? I have quite a few comments from walkers when I ride past (one thought I was a CSO for the village), traffic really slows down, a farmer stopped me this week to talk all about the tabard. The funniest thing was yesterday afternoon when riding my 17.2 bay warmblood (he looks very police horse like) I was riding by the local village hall where there was a kiddies parties going on and all the children came out to watch me ride by. Then I heard "Mummy the police are here"..... I didn't realise a new hi viz tabard would cause quite a stir!

Anyone else wearing one having similar experiences?!

Lexie81

Visit site
I haven't got one but my little girl is desperate for one so its on my list to get her for Xmas. I'm pleased to hear they work! Pretty sure my 8 year old on her 11.2hh pony won't get mistaken for mounted police though, much to her disappointment :)

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
I've had mine for a long time and it does make drivers slow down. A postman we rode past commented on how he slows down as it looks like police from a distance, I replied thanks. It's only the morons who cannot read that speed past us :)

KVH

Visit site
Just out of interest, do you get the same reaction by drivers etc when wearing it whilst riding with others who don't have the tabbard?

millreef

Visit site
picture.php

Wore mine in Morocco! Did confuse some folk:)

DougalJ

Visit site
picture.php

Wore mine in Morocco! Did confuse some folk:)

Brilliant! Yes they really do work. I'm sure I'm getting the name of the local nutter who rides around thinking she is a policewoman! I did feel a bit of plum riding in it at first because of the reactions but now I don't care! This seems to work and if I can slow down traffic and save any more near misses then this is great! I'm trying to persuade the other girls I ride out with to get one too, then we will look like we are on riot patrol....in a sleepy Sussex village LOL

Supertrooper

Visit site
I've got the tabard and the hat band. Slows some people down more than others TBH but will definately always use it. Twice now I've had motorists behind me who seen us and turned round???!! Must be scared of being stopped by the police!!!

pixiebee

Visit site
little shameless plug here but i am a trade seller of the polite range and have just listed the polite waistcoats on a 'certain site' for £17.00!!! Im the cheapest seller on there (ooh sounds wrong doesnt it.lol!)

madeleine1

Visit site
i no its not completely on subject but i was hacking to a show last week and i dont hack on roads often.

i was wearing pink hi viz and it said beware stroppy mare on the back which she really is. also i was wearing white and my horse is a very white bright skebald especially when ready for showing. id say 10% on the 60 limit road slowed down. the rest didnt slow and only just gave us enough room even to the extent that more then one car went past us without crossing the middle line at all.

i dont no if this polite hi viz would make any differance but i was shocked, id honestly say only one or two out of the 40ish cars in 20 mins would have been able to not hit us if she had spooked. i thanked the few who did give me the room and space

Blackwijet

Visit site
I've had one of these for a couple of months now and its quite effect especially as i ride a rather large (18hh +) black bouncing mare who probably looks a bit like a police horse. Certainly more drivers seem to be slowing down although some go a bit OTT and cause more of a traffic problem. Naturally you still get the odd pillock who thinks it's "big" to zoom past or get as close as they can.......but I don't think they will ever learn!

Achinghips

Visit site
Mine says CAUTION YOUNG HORSE IN TRAINING - very effective. 2 days ago though, a right knobber of a bike went past doing about 80mph on a country road. Horse (Tb) went ballistic and span - My hand gestures were so extreme to tha @rseh@les back my middle finger came through my glove - think the polite noitice one would have been better for him :mad:

BlizzardBudd

Visit site
when i rode a horse that we could only hack out on roads i was going to buy one.. but my mum said that because we normally get boy racer types around her they might think it was clever to speed past us :( so i didnt end up getting one. but am going to get one after reading this

juliette

Visit site
I haven't bought one yet as I ride a hairy palamino cob and assumed everyone would realise we are not the "real thing". However, talking to my non-horsey husband he pointed out that he would have no idea what a police horse should look like in terms of size, build, colour so I am now reconsidering my decision!

darkhorse123

Visit site
love it!!!! have the tabard and hatband - just now ordered exercise sheet and noseband - anything to help us be safer on the roads and it really really does :D

darkhorse123

Visit site
Not just for hacking either - i think it will stop yard thefts!
My yo mentioned this - lots of us on our yard have them so anyone spying from afar may well think police horses are kept there ie ultrasafe!

jumbyjack

Visit site
Um, would it work when I'm longreining my mini shetland as just because she's tiny no-one seems to think they have to slow down. A mini policehorse! :) I'll give it a go I think!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I've got the tabard and the hat band. Slows some people down more than others TBH but will definately always use it. Twice now I've had motorists behind me who seen us and turned round???!! Must be scared of being stopped by the police!!!

That happens to me in any hi-vis on one of out big irish horses! I always find it amusing - how would you catch someone speeding to pull them over on a horse? I suppose that they would just radio?

DougalJ

Visit site
little shameless plug here but i am a trade seller of the polite range and have just listed the polite waistcoats on a 'certain site' for £17.00!!! Im the cheapest seller on there (ooh sounds wrong doesnt it.lol!)

It's not a shameless plug! LOl Actually I didn't buy mine from the website quoted, just trying to find a link so people could see it......I got mine off Ebay! Do you do the exercise sheet too?
Have you an equine shopping website?

orionstar

Visit site
I got asked if I was chasing motobikers when out with my short and tubby coloured horse whilst wearing my ex police hi viz waterproof! The funniest was the boy racer coming down the road doing 50 in a 30. I stopped the horse and turned around to look at him. The car went from 50 to 30 in about 3 seconds. I was very impressed, oh and the bus flashed and let me out of the junction the other day, and that never happens!