Polite Notice Hi-Viz

DougalJ

Visit site
Mules have already done that! :D

MVC-003FSpeedcopmule.jpg

How funny!

LaurenM

Visit site
To be honest drivers don't pay much attention in my area. I was riding through the village yesterday wearing mine and cars were still passing at 25mph+ :(

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
So pleased to read that they make such a difference - I've just gone and bought one now - thank you!

The only thing is that my wannabe police horse is a chestnut TB mare who likes to chuck herself about a bit - I am expecting some strange looks as we practice our piaffe at the t-junction :D

TarantuLove

Visit site
I think its a great idea and I always wear mine hacking out, but some people are complete idiots and think if its a police horse it must be safe and go past really close to my horse! or.. Maybe I dont look intimidating enough to be a policewoman! :p

Going to get the hatband and exercise sheet which I think will complete the look :)

dalidaydream

Visit site
I've stopped wearing mine. I find people are either so scared to come past they just sit behind us which annoys my pony much more than them just passing or they've seen it once, realised I'm not actually a police woman on my coloured pony and just ignore it. I find normal hi-viz much more effective.

JenTaz

Visit site
i got the whole range for a birthday present, taz looks amazing in it the leg bands excersise sheet necklace thing, bought him an ear cover just wish it was a polite one too we look like a shiny yellow xmas tree when we go for a hack definately makes people slow down but then again, we only really pass tractors and a couple of cars, unless we go to the beach

cornwallexracers

Visit site
I've got the tabard, hat band and exercise sheet. They do definately work, although I did get stopped by one of the local farmers the other day to tell me to be on the look out as someone was stealing their broccoli from the fields. I thought it was just a general conversation, until he spoke to my dad at the yard to say how happy he was that I'd joined the police, and that we need more patrols in rural areas!!

Our mobile phone signal is shocking, and I have to ride on my own, so when I'm out riding I've put an extra bit on the vest to hook my walkie talkie to (same place as the police wear them) so I can radio in to 'base' if I need to!!