Ponease drama

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
Gosh the tone of that blog is irritating, though. Too many 'cliffhangers' and narrative styling like they're trying to hook in readers than actually give a factual account. Call me a killjoy but I do wish people would look up the dictionary definition of brevity before pressing publish on a post. Long-winded stories don't help busy owners or their horses; jus the facts for me, please.

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
Gosh as I'm reading it's getting worse. Can we stop with the appearance and name-related digs! Have they never heard of instagram filters, anyway?

"And while I was wondering whether her creator perhaps intended her name to be Chanel, like Coco Chanel, designer of all things glamorous in this world.. – I became much more enchanted by the incredible ability she has to change her eye colour from blue to brown and even remove her own mole."

Because we all know someone's face is such a good window into how credible, or not, they are.....the product is undoubtedly nonsense but why invest £20k in anything based off 'rave Facebook reviews'? Why not wait until the study was published before bringing it into Aus.?

nutjob

Visit site
I didn't think not providing a specific ingredients list (ie not general 'herbs, clay, purified h2o') was legal.
As far as I'm aware (haven't checked recently), the ingredients have to be on the product container not necessarily on the website. At £200 for a 50 day supply I'd certainly want to know what magical active ingredient was in there before spending on this rather than gastroguard.

webble

Visit site
I looked up Ponease a while back when I saw loads of people were recommending it. I couldn't believe the price and the fact there were no ingredients anywhere to even justify it!
I did once ask them for the ingredients and they wouldn't give me a proper answer

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
Regardless of whether you like the writing style or whether you think using instagram filters or fake profiles is the norm, this person is doing everyone a service by outing a scammer. Of course you will need to do your own due diligence to determine if you really believe the director of Ponese is a scammer.

There are lots of folk who are new to horses and could fall for this, potentially damaging their horse and their financial sustainability. Snake oil sales people have been around forever, but now they have digital platforms to accelerate their messaging, ripping unsuspecting people off on mass.

Last edited:

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
Oh I'm not saying it's not a scam, just wish the blog was more to the point about that fact. 🤣 I'd never heard of ponease till reading it though and if anyone mentions it I'll thoroughly dissuade them from wasting their money on it!

rextherobber

Visit site
I have heard of Ponease and have had correspondence with Ben, their marketing guy, who gets super defensive at the drop of a hat, and effectively put me off the product without answering any questions I had about it. (Not sure he's quite in thew right job.... ) I though the blog was quite amusing, and I'm glad the weird cult is being put in the spotlight. I've had a random stranger pm me to recommend it, which would imply their cult members stalk other posts/pages about ulcers and pounce on any new potential victim. Nowhere on any posts I've seen do the admin (Lorraine Hughes) or " top contributors" ever say, " If you suspect your horse has ulcers, get your vet", they just say use Ponease or the Equinectar, or better still, both! I think for whatever reasons, Lorraine Hughes has been less than transparent about her commission payments and her page certainly cannot claim to be independent and unbiased as all she ever pushes is Ponease and Thunderbrooks . It's all very odd!

Needtoretire

Visit site
I have heard of Ponease and have had correspondence with Ben, their marketing guy, who gets super defensive at the drop of a hat, and effectively put me off the product without answering any questions I had about it. (Not sure he's quite in thew right job.... ) I though the blog was quite amusing, and I'm glad the weird cult is being put in the spotlight. I've had a random stranger pm me to recommend it, which would imply their cult members stalk other posts/pages about ulcers and pounce on any new potential victim. Nowhere on any posts I've seen do the admin (Lorraine Hughes) or " top contributors" ever say, " If you suspect your horse has ulcers, get your vet", they just say use Ponease or the Equinectar, or better still, both! I think for whatever reasons, Lorraine Hughes has been less than transparent about her commission payments and her page certainly cannot claim to be independent and unbiased as all she ever pushes is Ponease and Thunderbrooks . It's all very odd!
Is Ponease and Equinectar one and the same company or are they separate ?

onemoretime

Visit site
Regardless of whether you like the writing style or whether you think using instagram filters or fake profiles is the norm, this person is doing everyone a service by outing a scammer. Of course you will need to do your own due diligence to determine if you really believe the director of Ponese is a scammer.

There are lots of folk who are new to horses and could fall for this, potentially damaging their horse and their financial sustainability. Snake oil sales people have been around forever, but now they have digital platforms to accelerate their messaging, ripping unsuspecting people off on mass.
Agree absolutely.

SilverLinings

Visit site
Wow, this is just an outright scam. What on earth are Hartpury doing having anyone involved with it?

I've bookmarked the Facebook page and I'll point to it every time anyone recommends using it.
I would hope that it is because Hartpury is investigating the claims; if the blog is entirely true then they may have Lorraine insisting that she is being persecuted and is the victim.
Can someone post what was said. I'm not on facebook so can't see the Harbury post
I'm not on Facebook either but had no problems accessing the link in the OP; the article is not actually on FB, it redirects you to a blog.

BMA2

Visit site
Wow, this is just an outright scam. What on earth are Hartpury doing having anyone involved with it?

I've bookmarked the Facebook page and I'll point to it every time anyone recommends using it.
WOW WOW WOW

and I was tickled by the part where she says about the steaming process

Tinsel

Visit site
I am just reading the blog now i would wait until any small people are in bed there is a photo of a girl wearing a riding hat and green string outfit with a pair of socks an trainers and riding hat but the horse looks lovely though

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Is Ponease and Equinectar one and the same company or are they separate ?
That’s a fair question. Both seem to have exploded onto the marketplace recently and they did seem to be being promoted together.

I’ve recently lost the horse that I had with the hind gut issues to an unrelated issue, so am no longer looking at that sort of product, but everywhere I was looking people were suddenly bigging up both of those products 🤔.

Needtoretire

Visit site
A google search of Horse Gurl, make for alarming reading in more ways than her rant at Ponease. Others have been on the receiving end of her vile mouth it seems.

Having spent a large fortune on gastrogard and sulcrafate, Suceed, Equine 74 and various other products, plus 4 years of vet costs for endless colics that all settled medically, with a horse that scoped with grade 1 to 2 ulcers, who looked awful, had no top line, no energy, dreadful skin and even worse attitude. Who also had every test know to man with nothing found and who the vets said had a totally out of whack hind gut biome. I asked the hospital vets to look at the contents of ponease and equinectar. They had no particular opinion but didn't say no to giving it a try.

I now have a horse who is happy, covered in muscle, forward thinking and loving life. No colic for 16 months, skin you can see your face in, covered in dapples, perfect poo and plenty of it. I haven't a clue why because no changes have been made to his diet, which has always been ulcer friendly and forage based.

Are the products a scam, I am not so sure, there are a lot of horses seeing improvements. Companies House show the company as newly incorporated with a description veterinary products, which is misleading in my view. I am on the fence regarding it being a scam, but I have a horse that is totally changed for the better by the product.

When you read through the information there seems to be a lot of people offering discount codes, Pool Dressage/Stephen Pool was one I noticed. It seems a few people have had success and are heavily promoting it, I would think they are also receiving commission at some level. Be interesting to see what happens next.

I'm Dun

Visit site
A google search of Horse Gurl, make for alarming reading in more ways than her rant at Ponease. Others have been on the receiving end of her vile mouth it seems.

Having spent a large fortune on gastrogard and sulcrafate, Suceed, Equine 74 and various other products, plus 4 years of vet costs for endless colics that all settled medically, with a horse that scoped with grade 1 to 2 ulcers, who looked awful, had no top line, no energy, dreadful skin and even worse attitude. Who also had every test know to man with nothing found and who the vets said had a totally out of whack hind gut biome. I asked the hospital vets to look at the contents of ponease and equinectar. They had no particular opinion but didn't say no to giving it a try.

I now have a horse who is happy, covered in muscle, forward thinking and loving life. No colic for 16 months, skin you can see your face in, covered in dapples, perfect poo and plenty of it. I haven't a clue why because no changes have been made to his diet, which has always been ulcer friendly and forage based.

Are the products a scam, I am not so sure, there are a lot of horses seeing improvements. Companies House show the company as newly incorporated with a description veterinary products, which is misleading in my view. I am on the fence regarding it being a scam, but I have a horse that is totally changed for the better by the product.

When you read through the information there seems to be a lot of people offering discount codes, Pool Dressage/Stephen Pool was one I noticed. It seems a few people have had success and are heavily promoting it, I would think they are also receiving commission at some level. Be interesting to see what happens next.

The ingredients can be bought for a fraction of the cost separately. There is really nothing special, or indeed even thought to be that effective in the product. People offering discount codes are on the books. Ponease got every name/influencer they could on board, hence why its everywhere

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
Even if the ingredients do work absolutely no need to pay over fifty quid for two litres. By the sounds of it it's mostly distilled water anyway. I'd rather feed straights.