Pony riders how tall?

I*HM

Visit site
New here and just jumping straight in...

I'm 5'7/ 5'8 and my lad is just a little over 15hh. When I bought him I was looking for 15.3hh or up but in the summer I was riding 14hh and a 13.2hh ... all leg but happy out.
Photograph0167.jpg

ticketyboo

Visit site
My pony is 12.2, Welsh Sec B, i'm 5ft 2", 7.3st and all is well, I used to think i was too big for her but she's fine.

None of my friends can ride her tho lol

Go for it for sure, be silly not to try

x

Widgeon

Visit site
I’m 5’4 and ride a 14hh and a 13.3 I weight 9 stone am I too big I’m only 14 and have finished growing

Agree about posting a new thread, but really I wouldn't worry. Unless the ponies you're riding are incredibly lightly built you'll be fine. I'm 5'7" and weigh a bit over 10 stone without hat, boots, saddle etc. I ride a 14hh highland and she has no problem carrying me. There will be plenty more users on here who will say similar things.

windand rain

Visit site
depends if you are more leg than body or more body than leg if you have long legs and a short body you can ride anything over 12.2 if you have a long body and short legs the balance will be the issue. Try the pony and see how you feel nobody needs a horse over about 15.2 and there is a mountain and moorland pony to fit every rider