Poorly horse :( all the vibes needed pls...

ponyparty

Visit site
Went up to see him last night - he called when he saw me bless him. He is looking so much brighter, he's getting back up to normal food intake. The yard staff hadn't had time to go and fetch the haemo tonic from the vets (about 40 mins away) so my lovely OH blasted it up there on his motorbike to collect it for me :) so he's now started on that too. I turned him out for a short time, he was obviously feeling well as he was pratting about, piaffing and threatening to rear whilst I was leading him down! Never thought I'd be happy to see him do that! And he was so obviously happy to be out, had a good old roll, a bit of a buck and fart, did a bit of threatening the other geldings over the fence haha... then he was head down munching grass until I called him over. Course of antibiotics should finish on Friday (5 days).

We were meant to be doing a fun ride this Sunday, I'm going to assume that's out of the question now though. Gutted, as we never get to do them - they usually seem to fall on Saturdays and I always work Saturdays :( but I don't feel it would be fair to try and do an 8-10 mile fun ride when he's been so poorly and hasn't been ridden since last week. Will just start building him back up again slowly. I should know better than to make plans involving my sick note of a horse! Sigh.

ponyparty

Visit site
Yep - I'm going to have to find another one and try to swap days with someone, or something. And not say anything about it within earshot of Sick Note, so he can't decide to suddenly be ill just before it and ruin my plans! Ha! Thanks Wagtail :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Yep - I'm going to have to find another one and try to swap days with someone, or something. And not say anything about it within earshot of Sick Note, so he can't decide to suddenly be ill just before it and ruin my plans! Ha! Thanks Wagtail :)

That is nice news to hear after my horrid journey to mums yesterday instead of two hours it was five hours going across country nightmare being stuck and hour not moving http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...orry-crash-man-fighting-for-life-hours-delays

No news since about the driver. :(

There will be other rides, and small price to pay for a well pony isn't it :) so glad you have found the cause of him being unwell and what an amazing OH you have going up to get his meds. That deserves a drink down the pub or a nice meal don't you think or at the very least a nice big hug from you. :D

Last edited: