Possible eye pigment change

scottish_girl

Visit site
Over the last few months I have noticed a slight change in my horses eye. He has dark eyes but when he looks to the right and moves his left eye there is a small link dot that has appeared like a slight change of pigment. I can only describe it as sitting on the side of his coloured lense just where the white of your eye would meet the lense if that makes any sense. It's as small as the head of a nail but just interested to know what it is.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not a clue but I'd always want a vet opinion on any changes with eyes. I read recently that things like uveitis can make the eye change colour so any weird changes are probably worth getting checked out.

scottish_girl

Visit site
Not a clue but I'd always want a vet opinion on any changes with eyes. I read recently that things like uveitis can make the eye change colour so any weird changes are probably worth getting checked out.

Thank you I will be contacting the vet I was just looking to find out if any had something similar. It's not the change of eye colour where this is occurring it's more to the side of the eye colour. I am trying to see if I have a photo as it isn't the easiest thing to get a photo of

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Did you mean to type 'pink dot'?
If so, I would get the vet sooner rather than later.

scottish_girl

Visit site
This is the best photo I could get. The little dot in the corner of his eye is what I am referring to

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190721_203053_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190721_203053_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 52

huskydamage

Visit site
Mine has a white mark in her eye. It is a scar from an ulcer. The vet does not rhink it has any blindness. Don't mess about with eyes get then checked by the vet ASAP

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190721-214053.png
    Screenshot_20190721-214053.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 8

Shay

Visit site
Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like the nictating membrane may be protruding or swollen? I would get a vet to check - especially as it has been like this for over a month now. It can't be comfortable for the horse.

scottish_girl

Visit site
Vet is coming out Friday and here is a much better photo. Doesn't seem to be causing any discomfort but he has sweetitch and is very itchy on his face so I am wondering if he has done this while scratching

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190731_095219_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190731_095219_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 19