Post images of all your Horse‘s Veterinary Conditions

dibbin

Visit site
Jazz's off hind following a run in with the electric fence. It went right down to the bone on the inside of his leg and about halfway through the flesh on the outside. Photo taken at his first bandage change, 3 days after the injury. This was February this year, it's now fully healed and he's been back in ridden work since May. He was never really lame on it and we were very VERY lucky he didn't do serious damage to himself.

I don't have any more recent photos but he now has a cracking scar, I think because the wound is so close to the hock we really had no chance of getting just a fine line of scarring!

IMG_20140217_162720591.jpg

dibbin

Visit site
This is Dylan's near hind a few days after being kicked while turned out. This turned out to be a hairline fracture, it opened up one night and he had to be PTS. Before the fracture opened he was totally sound and was being lunged in walk, trot & canter.

Image0303.jpg

Image0304.jpg

SillySausage

Visit site
Before the fracture opened he was totally sound and was being lunged in walk, trot & canter

I lost a horse about 18 months ago to a broken leg whilst she was walking sedately round the garden. Vet thinks she had a hairline fracture that gave way, horse played a high level polocrosse tournament just two days earlier completely sound and we have no incident that we can think of that would have caused it in the first place. Was a total shock and very sudden.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Any help would be much appreciated.

My horse suffered a puncture wound through his coronary band, but has just continued to grow downwards.

The crack continues to open and close when he applies weight to it when walking

FCIIax.jpg

Oh wow, that looks like the part of the actual coronet that grows the new horn has been damaged, so the new hoof isn't growing down at that point, thus creating the gap.

A lady I used to livery with had a pony with a hoof similar to that on a hind hoof. He had what looked like a 'cloven hoof' as the gap ran from the coronet to the ground but the gap was to the side. He was sound, in full ridden work, but was always shod to prevent the gap from opening. I think that getting a really, really good farrier to look would be the best thing (and I'm sure that you've done this already).

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Another case of hives. Horse reacted to an unknown stimulus resulting in approx 80% of body being covered in raised 'bubble wrap' swellings. Swellings reduced and disappeared over the next few days.

20140715_163823_zpsa07e786d.jpg

Charlie10

New User
Visit site
I have just took in another mini Shetland that is a little worse for where, she has a gap in her Vulva what r ur views on what to do with heR
Need to add a photo

Brownile60

New User
Visit site
Please use this thread to post images of your Horse?s Veterinary Conditions.

PapaFrita suggested this would be very helpful and informative for all types of Horse Conditions, to show other HHO Members
cool.gif

******************************************************************************************************

I hope this helps any of you, with horses who have had, or are currently suffering from Laminitis
frown.gif

These pictures were taken on 25th August 2009, a day after being shod.

They show how weak the Laminae looks when it grows down. The Farrier rasps all the 'cruddy' old stuff off so that they are neat and tidy (sorry a bit crudely put, but it is the best I can do!)

Some people have commented that it is Seedy Toe, so I suppose it is a form of it, although there is no infection
confused.gif
, however it is the aftermath of 10 degrees of rotation
frown.gif

For those of you who do not know 'Motor' .... he went down with Cushings Induced Laminitis in October 2005 at the age of 24 .... he is now a happy 28 year old, being ridden regularly and can still be a handful, when the mood takes him
grin.gif
blush.gif

The green on his feet, is him stepping over/missing the ledge on his Field Shelter, I think
confused.gif

Photo0724.jpg

Photo0726.jpg

Photo0727.jpg

Photo0729.jpg

Photo0730.jpg

Photo0731.jpg

Photo0732.jpg
Unable to post photo however my horse has an incredibly enlarged sheath & testicles; swelling lumps turned into one down the length of his belly on both sides. From what I can tell it is Edema, not sure if anyone has ever heard of it or knows of a horse that has had it and is there any treatment for it any answers would be greatly appreciated I’m considering putting my horse down

Landcruiser

Visit site
Unable to post photo however my horse has an incredibly enlarged sheath & testicles; swelling lumps turned into one down the length of his belly on both sides. From what I can tell it is Edema, not sure if anyone has ever heard of it or knows of a horse that has had it and is there any treatment for it any answers would be greatly appreciated I’m considering putting my horse down
My horse had exactly this earlier in the summer. Oedema due to a fly bite reaction. Vet gave bute for a few days and gave his sheath a darn good clean out in case of any infective cause in there. It sorted itself out over a week or so.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I didn't spot that, I rarely go directly to one forum. Shall we restart it, I've just read it and it's good.

Laryngeal hemiplegia (left sidecof the throat is collapsed, right side on the photo) and the operation wound:

JAZZ+TRAYES_+1.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0931WR.jpg
    DSCN0931WR.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2

Hollylee1989

Visit site
Navicular changes, also discovered an imbalance.

Attachments

• IMG-20210212-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210212-WA0007.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210212_162516.jpg
    20210212_162516.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20210212-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210212-WA0004.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 9