Pre Christmas Weekend Plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Late today :oops:

what's everyone up to?

Kira had an ace lesson today, really got stuck into moving everything up a level or 2 :D good canterwork, had fun playing with the 1 tempis and piaffe and finishing with the steep angled trot half passes to right then left as per the GP test o_O;) aim high,right?!

Not a lot else planned this side of xmas, probably arena hire locally and packing up ready to move.

Have fun everyone, and happy christmas when we get there ;)

blood_magik

Visit site
I’m having to have one of my rabbits put to sleep tomorrow so my weekend plans have been cancelled. 😕

Had hoped to get Blue down to Muirmill to pop round something before the Hogmanay show but will probably just jump around at home during the week instead.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than I am 😑

HashRouge

Visit site
Oh BM that's so sad, big hugs xx

Saturday I will be riding my share horse, seeing my two fluffies and then popping into Brighton for a hair cut. Then on Sunday I will be getting the train up to my parents for Christmas :)

BBP

Visit site
Yay, I get to put a comment here, because I am competing!! Yes it’s only a little Christmas themed indoor trec, but after the best part of a year off with fractured splint bone it will be the BBPs first outing since this time last year. It has been proposed that I dress as a Christmas pudding as extra padding should excited explosions happen. The nice thing with trec is you can compete in full Christmas outfit. The pony has his Christmas socks and tinsel at the ready! Entering the open class purely as it’s the first of the day and I can’t be bothered to venture out for the novice at end of the day, so the crazy pony will be up against the best trec horses. Not anticipating any prizes other than maybe one for our Christmas outfit!

Wheels

Visit site
Aww that sucks so close to Christmas BM.

Not much going on here, I've been v busy at work this week and have also been a bit under the weather so M has had the week off.

If I get home early enough tomorrow I'll lunge him then hack both days at the weekend. Monday I have arena hire with a full jumping course left up from the day before. Christmas Day I might go to the beach for a hack (if I don't have a champagne breakfast) and boxing I'm doing a lot of running around so M will get a day off :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nothing, just hacking, hacking and more hacking here. Hopefully less grumpily than today, when I attempted to ride Fergs and lead both Skye and Dae. Fergs is pretty good, Skye is pretty good, Dae is total flippin' prat, and we spent the entire time reminding him he can't shove his shoulder into me, or bounce around in front of Fergs.

Quite envious of the TREC... I did have a quick look for any before Christmas on the website, but short of driving to Northamptonshire, there was nothing doing.

Sorry to hear about the rabbit, BM :(

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
No competing for me, not for at least another 6 weeks, but like JFTD I'll be hacking, now up to 30 min sessions. I did box over to old sj trainer friend on Tuesday, as blagged his fab huge arena for a 10 min walk and trot on B Fuzzy. He agreed that I need to take time to build her back up again.
Good luck to those competing :)

JackInABox

Visit site
Long time lurker with no access to horses who gets her fix vicariously through this thread here - hello!
I'm not competing but I'm having my first side saddle lesson on Saturday and I'm ridiculously excited. It's been about four months since I last rode so I'm hoping my lack of core strength won't be too much of an issue.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Long time lurker with no access to horses who gets her fix vicariously through this thread here - hello!
I'm not competing but I'm having my first side saddle lesson on Saturday and I'm ridiculously excited. It's been about four months since I last rode so I'm hoping my lack of core strength won't be too much of an issue.
*waves*
remember to post back here afterwards and tell us all about it :)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I'm super excited.... jumping lesson with Nicola Wilson (who I don't know but hear is fab) on Friday, then girls have arena eventing lesson on Saturday at Somerford then we are all Christmas showjumping on Sunday. Dolly's first ever competition but we will keep it nice and easy for her and just do the 70. Jenny is targeting the 80/85 and I will be brave and enter the 90/95. Then they all have a few days off as we are visiting family. Good luck and have fun everyone out and about. So sorry about your rabbit BM.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the rabbit BM x

Sounds amazing BBP! Please please delight us with some piccies 😁

Wow, exciting JIAB - great to see you on the thread

Have fun everyone on your run up to Christmas

Nearly there, just a 6am stock take tomorrow, shut the machines down, send out data and that's it for me crawling over the line for the end of the year. Phew. So then I'm free as a bird to play ponies 😁. I've been doing a fair bit with Arty but want to get her out hacking more so will be hacking most days for a bit, and then hopefully pick up pebbles a bit. I have been keeping Dabs just ticking over and my OH wants to start riding him more so will try to do a bit of that every day to get them both used to each other.

Merry Christmas everyone x

oldie48

Visit site
Rose had a visit from Horse Bit fit today and we tried a couple of different bits and have settled on a loose ring NS turtle top which seems to suit her very well even though she's good in the contact she was softer and moving better behind. I have a lesson tomorrow and I will lunge and hack over the weekend. She'll then have a bit of a break over Christmas and then I'll pick her up in time to do our RC competition on the 30th. Have a lovely christmas everyone!

Chippers1

Visit site
I have a jumping lesson Sat, never met the instructor so we'll see how it goes! I'm on the lookout for a regular instructor so trying a few. Haven't jumped for 2 weeks so hopefully I won't have lost any nerve and pony will be excited! Probably hack Sunday.

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
Ooohhh I can join in!!! We have a clear round morning at my yard on Sunday and I am joining in. My plan is to trot round some cross poles 😂. This will be her first full course since Oct 2017 before her ddft surgery. Had an interesting lesson today where we cantered into jumps for the first time since op and she was a looney (hence the trotting on Sunday). Aim is for a calm day with minimal antics

Mule

Visit site
I’m having to have one of my rabbits put to sleep tomorrow so my weekend plans have been cancelled. 😕

Had hoped to get Blue down to Muirmill to pop round something before the Hogmanay show but will probably just jump around at home during the week instead.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than I am 😑
I'm sorry:(

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I was up early for a ride this morning to beat the heat, it's going to be HOT!! Christmas Day forecast to be 35C.

Farrier due today, then the last XC training session of the year first thing tomorrow. Taking baby horse out again to consolidate a few things and hopefully he will settle faster this time around. Easterly was blowing a gale this morning as it does throughout the summer so I am hoping it blow less hard tomorrow because he isn't going to need any extra energy!

Then hacking, trying to stay cool and boxing day my friend and I are taking our grown up horses to the beach.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Saturday morning I’m going on a hack on my favourite little pony ever with her owners on their other horses. I can’t wait, she’s the most fun little thing ever.

Then Saturday afternoon I’m viewing my first pony - a little cob called Sweets!

Sunday I might ride Max but I’m not entirely sure as I’m doing Christmas baking/tidying of the house as I’m working Christmas Eve!

Denbob

Visit site
Rose had a visit from Horse Bit fit today and we tried a couple of different bits and have settled on a loose ring NS turtle top which seems to suit her very well

My boy is in this and it's the one thing about his bridle my bit fit lady didn't change! 😂 pole-work and hacking for me hopefully if weather holds, he's been bouncy after his clip so fingers crossed the weather settles...

Merry Christmas everyone!

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Rose had a visit from Horse Bit fit today and we tried a couple of different bits and have settled on a loose ring NS turtle top which seems to suit her very well even though she's good in the contact she was softer and moving better behind. I have a lesson tomorrow and I will lunge and hack over the weekend. She'll then have a bit of a break over Christmas and then I'll pick her up in time to do our RC competition on the 30th. Have a lovely christmas everyone!

What was the horse bit fit like? Worth the money? I'm thinking of getting one of the consultants out for mine.

For my weekend plans, I am off to Olympia!

dollymix

Visit site
Was hoping to have a flatwork lesson as my instructor messaged about availability, but then didn't get back to me when I said yes please :rolleyes:

So instead, I will be covering my poor girl in jingle bells and tinsel in a bid to be merry and bright haha