Premier Equine Breeches Sizing Q

AFB

Visit site
Hi all

Can anybody tell me how PE breeches come up size wise? I usually take a 30 and always thought this equated to a 12, however PE size chart says a 30=14 so I'm stuck with which size to go for. Help!!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
pretty random in my experience. if you had 2 pairs with the same size on the label they wouldn't measure the same! the reviews usually tell all, have a read of those and if you can order 2 pairs to send one back that's the best way ;) they are pretty decent though.

AFB

Visit site
The reviews seem as random as you say their sizing is :confused:

I need to order some XC boots anyway so may as well give them a try and return I guess. Thanks MP

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
They are phenomenally hard wearing, i have a few pairs and put them through hell. the lightweight fabric goes a bit shiny after a while but I prefer it to cotton that goes weirdly baggy and if you buy them in the sale they are a good price.

cauda equina

Visit site
PE sizing is a law unto itself
Their rugs are small, their boots (human) are big
I wish they'd get their act together because I really like their stuff otherwise

Suncat

Visit site
I was going to say that I'm normally a 28/30 (a 12) depending on the brand - I bought my first pair of lightweight fabric jods from PE and the 30 was too big, the 28 fitted a treat. But as mentioned above, it sounds like it might fluctuate. I can say that the return process was dead easy and they found me a pair of 28s as a replacement even though they were out of stock. So they must have made some extra effort to check the recent returns for one, which I appreciated :)

2ndtimearound

Visit site
I've just bought some of their Moda gel breeches in the sale (which are lovely quality and a fabulous bright teal colour). I originally ordered a size 10/26" as I normally wear a size 26" (albeit most of my 26" ones are marketed as a size 8, so I'm not sure why they are different on that). With a lot of struggling I just managed to get them done up, but they wouldn't have been comfortable, so I swapped them for the next size up. The 28" ones I received (and which I have kept) seem to be more than 2" bigger and are quite a bit looser on the legs than the others (looser than I'd like really, but I really love them so am willing to put up with that!). They're still closer to a 10 than a 12, though. I'd say you're safer to go on the size in inches, rather than the dress size (and - as suggested - order two sizes then send one back, if budget will allow).

poiuytrewq

Visit site
All my PE rugs are huge !
I thought 28 was 12 ,30 14 and 32 is a 16 I did used to work in the industry but it’s a while ago now .
I think this is another of their random things! The turnouts are definitely big sizes however other rugs are not (as I found out when i ordered a size too small!)

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I've always found their turnouts big but their fly rugs are not cut for real native ponies-the necks on them are laughable. I also once bought a saddlecloth which was a very weird thing. I have just ordered some breeches though so hopefully they'll be ok-not bought anything for riders from them before.

ceva

Visit site
Hi,
I have two pairs of Premier Equine, I am normally a 30 " but I ordered the size 14 and they are perfect for me, however I also ordered a different style and the size 14 was quiet a snug fit, so it really depends on the style your choosing, but they do run up smaller than normal.

AFB

Visit site
Thanks guys - definitely seems to be a bit of pot luck in terms of their sizing! I've ordered a few pairs so will report back when they arrive...

AFB

Visit site
So they arrived yesterday - I bought 2 different styles all in a 32 which they say equates to a 16 and they all fit pretty much perfectly. For reference I'm usually a 12 however have chubbed up a bit at the moment, I can still (just) squeeze in to my size 12 Levi's however so I'd say their sizes are well out.

I bought a pair of denim ones that feel much more snug than the others but I think it's due to the heavier fabric/less stretch. The others are their Coco ones - I bought two pairs of these (different colours) and they seem to fit the same, so I've not had the consistency issues others have mentioned.

Goldenstar

Visit site
That’s good to know because I am in the market for a not to dear pair of beige breeches I had better get the 32
Hope you have lots of fun in your new breeches .
Breeches sizing is weird my ariat breeches are tiny but I got some winter breeches from an eBay shop they are huge you just never seem to know what you are getting