price for sharer

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
I find this whole "sharer" thing a bit of a con if I honest. Basically someone rides your horse when you can't. Mucks out, feeds, poo picks etc and you want them to pay you! Kids used to work for rides - not work, ride & pay you for the privilege.

Auslander

Visit site
I find this whole "sharer" thing a bit of a con if I honest. Basically someone rides your horse when you can't. Mucks out, feeds, poo picks etc and you want them to pay you! Kids used to work for rides - not work, ride & pay you for the privilege.

Kids - exactly! i think there's a difference between a bit of child labour in exchange for a ride - and a formal arrangement, whereby an adult, who would otherwise have to pay to ride at a riding school, gets a horse to pretty much call their own on the days they want to ride. I have time to do my horses, and I do them myself most of the time - if one of my liveries/Spikes sharer wants to help - then great. I don't expect help - it just so happens that i've chosen people who enjoy the looking after as much as the riding.

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com

This is what my OH says haha!

I pay £87 a month for a green but lovely warmblood on a yard with a floodlit school and a farm ride, 15 mins from my house, 2-3 days per week depending on my work (price doesn't change). I muck out, bring in, feed, hay net, groom etc.

I usually end up having 2 lessons a month too at £20 each, so it all adds up to over £100.

It works out better than having lessons at a riding school and much cheaper. I can see why people think it's weird to pay to shovel poo.

gembear

Visit site
I didn't pay anything for my share in the past year, occasionally gave some ££ or bought bits&bobs but I now pay £50 a month. I get ride whenever I want, as many times as I want as i'm the only one who rides (occasionally the owner or her friend). I also help with yard duties while there, feed, muck out, make up haynets, bring in/turnout - his field mate too. There's great hacking in the area and an outdoor school. I get to take him to shows, and have maybe 2 lessons a month.

Owner actually wanted £100 a month plus half his shoes but I said I couldn't afford it :/