Probably a really stupid auestion but.....................

k9h

Visit site
Well put Doreys-Mum. Couldn't of put it better myself.
The thing is if before the ban all Pro hunters had put down Fox Hunting as a religion we could of saved it! All it takes is 10,000 people to list a certain religin for it to become recognised & I'm sure there are more than 10,000 pro's (just look at the turn out on march's).
Thats how Jedi Knight has become a religion!!!! So if pro hunters had put down Fox Hunting then maybe that would of been a loop hole to save the proper hunting just like Jews & Koshas can kill there animals by sliting their throats with a very sharp blade without stunning them first as they think that interfiers with the spirit in some way.
Now theres an idea????

buckybee

Visit site
Some people are posh who hunt (not me!!) but I don't understand why that makes a difference?? Some posh people event and play polo, shall we ban those too? :confused:

matthew

Visit site
Not saying we should ban it because posh people hunt-i am not an anti! but i dont think (in my experience) that the hunt are very welcoming to people who are not the norm!
Yes people that play polo etc are posh but you need money to do that-anyone can go hunting!

k9h

Visit site
Im not posh. Im a farmers daughter & not a big farm. Just a hill farm with 500 sheep & 30 beefers thats all we had. The majority of our hunt members a`re anything but posh too? OK the big well know packs will obviousley contain more wealthy people but just because they have money doesn't give them an attitude. I have found people less well off that have more standard & rights issues & alot less approacable.

buckybee

Visit site
Totally agree with you!! People automatically assume that if people have a posh accent then they will be snobs - but they're not!!

There are plenty of hunts around who are made up of normal people who work hard to keep there horses and go hunting.

Hercules

Visit site
''If Hercules gets a kick from having fox blood smeared over his boat - with the attendant risk of infection - I couldn't be less bothered. He, and indeed you, can go shove your heads in a vat of cow sh1t for all I care.''

Never stated that I got a kick from being blooded, I was just answering your question. Quite frankly, it was my choice and was certainly less painful, less humiliating and more hygienic than the initiation ceremony at my rugby club.

Even though you have never met me, do not know my background, skin colour or religion, I am clearly one of 'the sort of people' that you do not like. I am glad about that because I do not tolerate bigots.

avalcalab

Visit site
Everyone needs to calm down and get this in proportion. I don't "object" to blooding. I just think it's weird and done in a secretive way. If hunters are proud of being blooded why are they so wary of being photographed in this state?

As for my supposed dislike of hunters this is nonsense - except for most terriermen, who have to rebut the assumption that they're awful, violent, thick, animal-abusing thugs. I could't care less if someone is "posh". I'm more posh than the vast majority of hunters.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I though blooding indicated a particular 'sort of person' and was in some way connected to terriermen.

Your argument seems to have fizzled out.

Have you any other points to make?

buckybee

Visit site
"I'm more posh than the vast majority of hunters."

good for you deer!

Still don't really get why it is secretive?? Maybe it is, that why i haven't seen it happen in 16 seasons of hunting! But maybe I'm lying because its against the "cult" rules to break the secret pact?? You tell me, you seem to know more about it.

I must admit some terrier men are nobs.

rosita

Visit site
Really object to the 'posh' attitude towards polo! Like any other horse sport it costs money but it depends how much according to the level you play at! At high, or even medium goal it can cost a fortune, but low goal is for every one, and if you're good enough you can make a living out of it. I play in the summer and hunt in the winter. I work bloody hard to be able to do this,ie, no holidays etc......it's a life style choice. It's my way of life. I object to being told by the government that it is socially unacceptable. Ignorance seems to rule.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
hmm.. i am not an anti but all the hunts i have seen i hate to say are all very very posh ( and i am middle class white myself) i can understand why that is off putting to somepeople!i personally i wouldnt really fancy having blood smeared across my face but each to their own! i am not sure i agree that the hunt think of the fox as sacred though! other religions who view an animal as sacred will not kill or eat it!

I believe all life is sacred, even the tiniest plant... and yet I have to take some to survive, I have to take some to help nature's way, I cannot avoid taking it, but I can have the greatest respect for what I take and not to take more than I need.