Products that actually work!

Horsekaren

Visit site
of all the many many impulse buys i have made i have found most do nothing.
The only 3 i have bought again is

Equimims Vit E oil
D and H Placid calmer
Gold label iodine (Literally the best thing ive ever put on my boys hoofs! and only £3.00)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Nuumed wool numnahs. They don't feel the most luxurious of all, but they are great for their backs and wash and dry overnight. They also don't leak colour, and last forever (if washed with wool wash and brushed every use).
Mum has managed to felt two, I went to try and comb them and gave up completely!

Mule

Visit site
I've recently discovered saddle pads with straps that tie through the d rings. They're so handy, no more messing about with the saddle billets. I also love the look of close contact pads even with a GP saddle. Imo they look so much better than the square saddle pads. They also fit the beast better.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
while we're on a grooming topic... the supergroomer pad that looks like a blown up scouring pad is excellent for grooming knobbly faces, knees etc. and I think the Haas curry comb is the best thing to knock mud off a coat quickly without scratching sensitive horses.

31Ys5o5SKWL.jpg

71iaznCIglL._SX355_.jpg

These are the only things that mr sensitive tb princess Tigger will tolerate and he lives in a clay area so mud bakes on.

Red horse, all their products are the same basic ingredients but come in a different consistency for every eventuality. I like Sole Paint and Honey heal has got rid of stubborn cuts that refused to heal.

The Christ/Horsedreams lammfelle girths. Medical grade sheepskin that makes all the others feel like a brillo pad; wide surface area with soft edges and backed onto nylon so can be chucked in the washing machine albeit on a special wool wash.

Silicone seat jodhpurs. I never got on with sticky bums as they weren't stretchy enough but these give grip without restricting movement. God send when aforementioned tb shows how quickly and neatly he can spin when he sees suspicious leaf.

Leo Walker

Visit site
barrier leave in wash products or equivalent, the equimins ones worked as well. I use a lot in winter, owning a greasy sweaty beast prone to scabs if you don't wash.

This is amazing stuff! Lasts ages and really does seem to leave them clean and smelling much better.

Mine is the infamous ball brush, but I guess that only works if your horse likes it. I've not found one that hasnt yet, but I bet they are out there!

Lucky788

Visit site
Ooh and Filtabac. Brilliant as a sun block or for putting on minor cuts and grazes. I'm convinced it makes my nails much stronger too.
Filtabac is amazing! Wish I’d found it sooner, perfect for pink nosed and grazes

And another vote for tri-tec worth the money as a bottle lasts all summer :)

Lucky788

Visit site
Also the whitening shampoos/ conditioners in savers are fab! Touch of silver I think they are
Great for making greys White! Especially tails and really cheap.

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Dodson and Horrell Stroppy Mare
Equivite multi vitamins
Effax leather balsam
Tea tree oil & Citronella oil for fly spray
Dry shampoo for greasy manes
Aloe Vera gel for hot spots including swelling

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Barrier yellow fly cream.

Mycosorb + from Forage plus

Gold labe green hoof liquid, can't remember the name, amazing for thrush etc.

Gold label ostraban or how ever you spell it. Did amazing for when the boy was hormonal.

Mule

Visit site
Riding tights are another one, especially the light weight ones. They're so comfortable, I never wear jodhpurs now.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
NAF Respirator Boost. Never had it fail me with Granny horse.

And Red Horse Products again.

Equilibrium massage pad!

I have some super detangler but can't remember the name... "manely long hair"? Fab stuff.

Hay Hutch!

chaps89

Visit site
Half a blue plastic barrel.
I've used it for wetting/prepping wood pellets, for soaking hay, for feeding hay from, for water out in the field.
I love it, it's extremely industrial and has lasted years so far.
Wish I could find another!
Cowboy magic is also the only mane and tail de-tangler I've used on my grubby madam which doesn't require daily application in order to still get a brush through her tail. It's expensive but seems to last well.
And the red horse sole cleanse - tidies feet up lovely

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Half a blue plastic barrel.
I've used it for wetting/prepping wood pellets, for soaking hay, for feeding hay from, for water out in the field.
I love it, it's extremely industrial and has lasted years so far.
Wish I could find another!
Cowboy magic is also the only mane and tail de-tangler I've used on my grubby madam which doesn't require daily application in order to still get a brush through her tail. It's expensive but seems to last well.
And the red horse sole cleanse - tidies feet up lovely

If you know any farmers - the huge tubs from cattle licks work just as well (once empty).

Something like this.... mine are about the same size as a half blue barrel and they come with lids

https://www.caltech-crystalyx.co.uk/product/crystalyx-cattle-high-mag/

Starzaan

Visit site
Weatherbeeta rugs - I know I’m biased, but the reason I wanted to work for them is because our rugs are so amazing and I had used them for years before getting the job.

Thermatex coolers - best coolers in the world.

Kevin Bacon Hoof Dressing - recommended by FF and he was right for once haha. Works wonders, especially on crappy TB feet.

Barrier Lavender Wash - perfect for hot clothing in winter and getting rid of sweat in summer.

NTR - all their products, but especially their plaiting spray and sculpting stick - make plaiting lots of manes very easy!

Wolsley Clippers - from my years doing polo ponies in summer and hunters in winter. I used to have to hog 32 every Friday in summer, and clip at least six every Friday in winter - couldn’t have done it without these beautiful clippers. They’re light, last forever and they’re nice and quiet.

Ozvet Sunoff - the best suncream for pink noses.

Protexin Gut Balancer - fabulous to help horses prone to ulcers.

Tensoplast - this was my most used product when I ran a rehab yard. I even managed to dress wounds on hocks and not have them slip thanks to this magical stuff!

Soffban - as above, but makes dressing wounds or poulticing feet so much easier, less bulky and more comfortable.

Reckitts Blue - amazing for getting grey horses gleaming and getting rid of last minute stable stains.

Red Mills Cool N Cooked Mix - INCREDIBLE feed.

I could go on and on hahaha

Nudibranch

Visit site
Boring old 10% iodine - gets rid of thrush, diluted is a good antiseptic.

A round 50 gallon cold water tank - flexible, strong, perfect for hay/water/stray goldfish, etc, etc.

Micronised linseed for coats and feet.

Salt and mag ox for feet.

As you can see, I'm not hugely impressed by most brands. I have a vague business plan to bring out a range of bog standard horsey items and feed, with techy sounding German names. I'll make a fortune.

Polos

Visit site
Kieffer bridles!

The quality is fantastic and they last so long. My current one is 6 years old and has had a lot of abuse but still looks new. I do have another one that is over 10 years old now and in perfect condition but it’s too big for my mare so it’s in storage for the future.

Yes they are pricey but I’d never buy anything else now

indie1282

Visit site
Barrier yellow fly cream.

Mycosorb + from Forage plus

Gold labe green hoof liquid, can't remember the name, amazing for thrush etc.

Gold label ostraban or how ever you spell it. Did amazing for when the boy was hormonal.

Can I ask why you feed the Mycosorb? I've been looking in to using it and hoping for any reviews PM if you prefer.

meleeka

Visit site
Cornucrescine hoof dressing.

So good for your own nails too makes them really tough. Although it is super sticky and stinks!
Also great for hair regrown on coats.

Deosect as a fly repellent applied once a week with a sponge.

Acavallo gel out seatsaver for stickability in the saddle.

Protexin quick fix for digestive upsets.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Can I ask why you feed the Mycosorb? I've been looking in to using it and hoping for any reviews PM if you prefer.

I feed it to my lad who had grade two ulcers. Was recommended it by someone else as a help for when he came off treatment.

I also feed it to my other lad who has not had ulcers (that I know of)

It helps defiantly with the change of seasons in the grass but also I have noticed that they both aren't girthy on it and one is less sensitive to legs on when riding.

Griffin

Visit site
As other posters have said, Filtabac and Red Horse products are fantastic.

Gold Label witch hazel and arnica gel: it seems to work wonders on pulled muscles.

Thomas Pettifer Green Oil gel: really good on grazes and minor cuts. Doesn't appear to sting when it goes on and is sticky enough you can put a good blob on!

Hack Up bespoke: reasonably priced, saves having five different supplements on the side (and seems to work).

I am also a fan of adding salt to feeds!

JulesRules

Visit site
Protexin Acid Ease. I have a very gassy mare and this stuff is like magic on her grass belly.

Kevin Bacon Hoof dressing

Avon skin so soft for fly repellent

Benzyl Benzoate for anything involving itching.

Prolite Girth that stops my saddle slipping sideways on my round pony.

My soft grip block reins from Evo Equine. Love love love them

dogatemysalad

Visit site
These are the only things that mr sensitive tb princess Tigger will tolerate and he lives in a clay area so mud bakes on.

Red horse, all their products are the same basic ingredients but come in a different consistency for every eventuality. I like Sole Paint and Honey heal has got rid of stubborn cuts that refused to heal.

The Christ/Horsedreams lammfelle girths. Medical grade sheepskin that makes all the others feel like a brillo pad; wide surface area with soft edges and backed onto nylon so can be chucked in the washing machine albeit on a special wool wash.

Silicone seat jodhpurs. I never got on with sticky bums as they weren't stretchy enough but these give grip without restricting movement. God send when aforementioned tb shows how quickly and neatly he can spin when he sees suspicious leaf.

Just bought a Christ sheepskin saddle pad. It's quite luxurious, the sheepskin is deep.