Project horse

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/...eyword=arab&sectionId=3365&orderBy=mostRecent

Unless I've missed something or failed to read between the lines, she doesn't sound like a bad project horse. I hope that she finds the right home soon.

quote]This is a 100% honest add as I don’t want what happened to us happening to someone else.
About Kia
Kia is 16.3/17hh, we think Arab cross Irish draft, she is between 11-13yrs old apparently but we don’t know for sure.
Kia’s behaviour.
When she first got to us she wouldn’t let you near her head and was terrified of the halter, We bought her a new rope one to eliminate the noise and after a few days she was fine having it put on and off even with a normal halter now. She will let you do almost anything with her, she will stand in her stable and be groomed she will pick all her hoofs up and pick them out, sometimes she puts up a little fight with her back one’s but it’s never anything nasty and all she does is stomp her hoof back down to the floor. She will tie up for a little bit but can get a bit restless after awhile or if she’s not getting fussed. She is a routine horse and if her routine changes she can get a little stressed (snorting and box walking) this mostly happens in a morning if she’s not the first out. She is fine with the vet, although she can get restless with the farrier but we just give her a feed bucket with her feed in and she’s fine.
Work done with Kia
Kia has been taken right back to basics we managed to get a bit in her mouth and have long lined her and lunged her and after a few minutes of confusion it seemed like she either remembered what she was supposed to do or figured it out. I have lay across her a few times and she wasn’t ever bothered and I’ve sat on her while she was laying down in the field and she didn’t bother at that ether. Unfortunately for Kia if we can’t find her a home by the end of feb she will be getting put to sleep, this is the worst case scenario as she is a truly amazing horse. We don’t expect any money for her we just want her to go somewhere she can spend what life she has left and hopefully become the horse I think she can be.[/quote]

43916784-229-640x853.jpg

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ad states no passport but does have microchip. Anyone with any sense who is interested in her would be asking to see all paperwork from when the vendor acquired the horse. The wording of the advert suggests the current owners are novice owners and have been stung. I am struggling to see what part of what appears to be a rude horse, is amazing.

The advert for me says, large, rude, had its own way for a good while, orange mare that could well owe her current owner a fair bit of money and has terrified them to the point they need out asap.

Upthecreek

Visit site
And they will pts if not sold by end of Feb because they are terribly over horsed and can’t afford to keep her/don’t want to pay to keep a horse they can’t ride. I hate people sometimes.

PurBee

Visit site
Bolshy bratty big mare who needs confident owner, which the current people dont seem to be. All horses suss us humans out and will stamp and snort with those people they know they can jiggle their nerves.

Can see her being transformed with good owner into a great horse, if she’s docile enough to let her current owners lay on her while stood and laid on the ground. That gives me a hint she’s not a complete night-mare!

Equi

Visit site
I absolutely hate threatening adverts esp if they are for free. Owner is either missing out something big or is totally novice and s*** scared of this horse and needs it gone immediately but won't put money to it (sales livery etc) where on earth did they get her? Poor horse. I really hope she lands in a good home or is actually PTS. Shes clearly had a few foals, so who got them out of her.

doodle

Visit site
Another who dosnt like the threat to pts. It seems extreme for what they have said so presumably there are things not being said. Poor wee horse. Abbey came to me for £1 as she wasn’t wanted and was going to be pts. She was brilliant, so hopefully this mare will find a nice home.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Yeah, don't need that. A part of me is curious, but no. It must be a mess if the owner is threatening to PTS at the end of February. Or the owners are manipulative nutcases. Or the horse is a disaster and the owners are insane. It could be a heartbreaker for anyone.

Last edited: