PTS Cost Quick Question

TPO

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I thought the bill was expensive £450 excluding disposal and not an emergency.

Ah well, it’s only money ….

Vinnie was pts last February and I think it was £500 for vet and collection.

Just checked back credit card statements and it was £252 for Grayshill to collect him so vet must have been around the same.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
They lost A LOT of clients over the last 3 years or so because of their attitude. And the fact that some of their vets are incapable of doing their jobs. The one who came out to microchip a foal a few years ago put the chip in one side of the neck, straight out the other into her finger. Not once. But twice before it stayed in the pony! She brought a scalpel, hibiscrub, swabs and a plaster with her because that wasn't the first tike that had happened to her ...
And people wonder why some horses don't like vets

Reactions: TPO

TPO

Visit site
They lost A LOT of clients over the last 3 years or so because of their attitude. And the fact that some of their vets are incapable of doing their jobs. The one who came out to microchip a foal a few years ago put the chip in one side of the neck, straight out the other into her finger. Not once. But twice before it stayed in the pony! She brought a scalpel, hibiscrub, swabs and a plaster with her because that wasn't the first tike that had happened to her ...

If its who I think of can verify that they are an awful practice. I've I've my own horror story/ies and so do numerous people that I know. I have no idea how they are still in business

Sheep

Visit site
My boy was PTS in January, vet cost £126.58 or something like that. But no real examination etc was needed, it was sadly very obvious what needed to happen. I had expected it to be between £150-220. Collection via fallen stock was £120.

Steerpike

Visit site
I've just had one PTS yesterday, I am yet to get the vets bill but the dead stock collection today was £220 cash would have been about £260 if paid by card, the driver said if they were called to pts that would have been included in the cost of collection so £220.

Pinkvboots

Visit site

Omg that sounds really bad poor foal and i would have gone berserk if a vet did that to one of mine.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Meleeka, I meant to say that I'm sorry you have had a need to ask about this.

meleeka

Visit site
I've just had one PTS yesterday, I am yet to get the vets bill but the dead stock collection today was £220 cash would have been about £260 if paid by card, the driver said if they were called to pts that would have been included in the cost of collection so £220.
Sorry you lost one too. I was hoping for the summer but sadly it wasn’t to be :(

Meleeka, I meant to say that I'm sorry you have had a need to ask about this.
Thankyou. He was 25 so not totally unexpected.

elliejhb

Visit site
Callout £49
Euthanasia, 1 x 50ml Somilose, 0.30 x 10ml Domidine, 0.30 x 10ml Butador £395

I’m just a bit surprised at how much it’s gone up. It was quite a few years ago but the last time I had it done it was under £300 Im sure because with cremation from the fallen stock man it was around £500.

OH sorted the collection and when they asked if he wanted a wooden casket he just agreed as he wasn’t sure, so the cremation is another £550. That’s nearly £1k in total ?

I still have 3 OAP’s so I hope they don’t all decide to go one after the other!

Mine was a similar cost in October

GrumpyHero

Visit site
I had my horse PTS last week, I've not had my vets bill yet but expecting a fair bill as it was 2x out of hours calls in the end plus meds then finally PTS.
Removal and individual cremation was £840.

meleeka

Visit site
In case anyone else searches this, I’ve just had another pts. My bill came this morning. The costs are:

weekday visit £51
drugs to pts £475 ?

My lovely vet hasn’t charged any consultation fees on that either (it’s a CVS practice) and it doesn’t include collecting or cremation, which I’m yet to receive a bill for.

It’s certainly not cheap to do the right thing!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We had three very elderly ewes pts by the vet recently and the bill for the three to be sedated and then pts was £ 209 and then collection £120.

maya2008

Visit site
In case anyone else searches this, I’ve just had another pts. My bill came this morning. The costs are:

weekday visit £51
drugs to pts £475 ?

My lovely vet hasn’t charged any consultation fees on that either (it’s a CVS practice) and it doesn’t include collecting or cremation, which I’m yet to receive a bill for.

It’s certainly not cheap to do the right thing!

Wow… I had two pts recently via the end of life service (local knackerman). £240 total per horse. My condolences for your loss. It isn’t easy, even when you know there was no other possible choice.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
The hunt are brilliant, I just ring them and leave a message saying who I am and that I have a sheep for putting down or mostly just for collection then leave them in the yard by the gate with the padlock off and they deal with them.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
The hunt are brilliant, I just ring them and leave a message saying who I am and that I have a sheep for putting down or mostly just for collection then leave them in the yard by the gate with the padlock off and they deal with them.
That does sound like a brilliant arrangement, and our previous huntsman would have done the job, but he moved to his dream hunt and abandoned us! I was worried with my three old ladies that we'd end up with someone's knee shot!

Peglo

Visit site
I payed £170 to have my girl put to sleep by injection. (Sedation first) That was less than what was quoted. My brother in law is a digger driver so buried her for me for nothing.