PTS Tomorrow and Frightened That I will regret It!?

Emilieu

Visit site
Thinking of you. If you have taken this decision it is because you know it is right, but it is totally natural to struggle with it. I was ill waiting for the vet to come to my wee cat in the summer but afterwards I was glad I had stayed strong for him. Good luck and massive hugs.

Elsbells

Visit site
She's gone.
It was first early call this morning of which I'm grateful, both her and her friend went happy after a day and a night spent in a rested field with a round bail of fresh haylage to share. She leaves a huge hole in many people's hearts and there has been a lot of tears for Elz. Such a big personality as hers leaves the world a better place because she was in it.
Run free my girl and Chilli, we will all miss you both and will meet again xx

skint1

Visit site
Just caught up on this thread, sending both you and your friend kind thoughts for the loss of your horses, RIP to them both x

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Thinking of you, all horses need an owner like you, the world would be a better place for the many horses who know no care and love. Your much missed horses had the best owner.

DW Team

Visit site
I did not want to read and not offer you a mega hug ((((()))) I have just been through the should I or not with my old boy. I to nearly pulled out right up to the day. But I am glad that I have done it. He was not put through all the wet and mud that we now have. I was lucky the weather was one of those crisp sunny autum mornings and he was so good with the vet that he normally hated and ran away from. You are doing the kindest thing for your girl. It is the one thing we can do for our animals something we can't do for the human race. Something we can spare them the pain and suffering. Will be thinking of you in the morning. Good Luck (((()))

dizzyneddy

Visit site
Big hugs l thought about you today and glad things went ok. You'll feel abit out of sorts for afew days as if you are in a walking nightmare but time does heal. You've done an incredible thing, you have your memories and in time you will look back and be content that you made the right decision. take care

paddi22

Visit site
Its perfectly natural to feel the way you are feeling. And there will be some shock and trying to adjust how a horse was there and now its gone. But think of how she doesn't have to struggle or be sore anymore. It would have been awful for her life to have just gone downhill over the next few years and her to be sorer and sorer. You 100% did the right thing and you can enjoy your lovely memories of her.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
big hugs for you. its a really hard thing to do but they will have had a lovely last few hours and wouldnt have known anything....i knew it was the right thing for my mare but still got the vet out in the hope that she would come up with a solution to improve her quality of life, i felt i had to try everything.....she had a lovely last day, as much haylage as she could eat, grazing on the fresh grass and a great big bowl of carrots for the last few minutes....it was 3 months ago but i miss her like crazy but know it will get better with time....and so will yours...

Elsbells

Visit site
I am so grateful for this forum right now, you guys are wonderful. Where would our broken hearts go without our horsey kindred spirits?! No one understands us like us! X

Fools Motto

Visit site
I am so sorry to be reading this post. I know, sadly first hand, how you are feeling.
I hope you find comfort in knowing your love for your horse will never fade, no matter where she is. I'm sure she is eternally grateful for all you gave her.

Thinking of you. x

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
Well done you. We've had to make this decision for a number of horses over the years, it's the hardest thing but it's the right thing.

We lost our gentle giant grade A four weeks ago, sadly we were not able to say goodbye with a carrot and a hug. He was at the RVC for an op, he stopped breathing in the recovery stall. If I'd said no to the op he would still be with us, but happy or in pain, who knows.

It'll be better for you soon, you've done absolutely the right thing. Hope someone can do that for me if needs be, the last thing I want to do is end up in a care home!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
This is the decision that a responsible owner makes for a sick animal, in preference to leaving it stuck in a field in all weathers, getting more and more miserable, or attempting to teach it new tricks because *the owner* can't bear to lose the horse.
Very few of us take the decision lightly but we do it for the benefit of the horse. You made the best decision in actively manner and now neither of the friends needs to miss the other. You and the other owner will miss them like mad but it does get easier. I am thinking of you both.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Couldn't read and run. So sorry you have had to make this decision. Totally the most right and hardest decision ever. Massive hugs to you x

bert1904

New User
Visit site
The problem with owning horses is that unless they give you no option but to make that final decision, then we will always wonder "am I doing the right thing". That is because we always want to do what is best for our horses and give them every chance we can.
It is natural that you are doubting your decision right now, but I am sure that you are doing the right thing for your horse. Only you know if she is happy or not, and if you feel that she is no longer enjoying life then this is the right thing to do.