Pytchley Hunt hounds killed on A43 this afternoon

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Most of them wear face coverings also.
Why do you think they do that ?
Oh I totally know, I’m not saying I’m pro anti by any stretch
I have actually asked our local sabs to explain that on their fb page after they targeted our farm- very wrongly (police were investigating a murder, obv very hush hush but sabs thought we were digging up animals)
I’m just saddened that they really do risk animals to get their “point across”

Sandstone1

Visit site
Possibly to stop reprisals from hunt followers?? My local hunt supporters have followed sabs home, damaged vehicles and assaulted people. They have been spat at, ridden in to and threatened. All for protesting a ILLEGAL activity... Do you find it surprising they wear face coverings?

Sandstone1

Visit site
Oh I totally know, I’m not saying I’m pro anti by any stretch
I have actually asked our local sabs to explain that on their fb page after they targeted our farm- very wrongly (police were investigating a murder, obv very hush hush but sabs thought we were digging up animals)
I’m just saddened that they really do risk animals to get their “point across”
Are you saddened by foxes being chased for miles to be ripped apart by hounds? Are you saddened by farm animals being stressed, other horses upset and injured, land being damaged, pets being killed, traffic being held up with the danger of accidents, hounds being killed on roads etc etc? All while carrying out a illegal activity

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Possibly to stop reprisals from hunt followers?? My local hunt supporters have followed sabs home, damaged vehicles and assaulted people. They have been spat at, ridden in to and threatened. All for protesting a ILLEGAL activity... Do you find it surprising they wear face coverings?
Exactly, it’s such a messed up situation. They often don’t do them selves any favours though.
I was scared for my horses safety when they were sneaking round the farm at night.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Are you saddened by foxes being chased for miles to be ripped apart by hounds? Are you saddened by farm animals being stressed, other horses upset and injured, land being damaged, pets being killed, traffic being held up with the danger of accidents, hounds being killed on roads etc etc? All while carrying out a illegal activity
We x posted. Yes very, sorry I’m not on the hunts side here. Maybe I didn’t word that correctly.
I’m not into hunting. I’m just also really not into the nasty side of sabs either. You’re an animal lover or you’re not.
Luring hounds to a road is not.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Exactly, it’s such a messed up situation. They often don’t do them selves any favours though.
I was scared for my horses safety when they were sneaking round the farm at night.
I do not deny that sabs at times do not always do themselves any favours but then neither do the hunt. Had they stuck to the law instead of continuing to hunt as if the ban had never happened they would not now be where they are... On the point of getting all hunting with hounds completely banned including drag hunting etc

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Sadly never going to happen.
They were here yesterday. One of my horses is very wound up by it. Often doesn’t eat for a few days after if they have been very close. I’m always relieved when the last local day is over and done with.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Because of the hunt heavies who are determined to keep hunting illegally, and who don’t want anyone interfering with that.

There are bad and nasty characters on both sides of this. The hunts and many of their followers are by no means squeaky clean, far from it.

Plus, the Pytchley haven’t even attempted to pin the carnage on the A43 on some non existent sabs, it was entirely down to the hunt hunting across a main road. The police had to shut the road and hold up traffic for 1.5 hours to deal with the aftermath.

Last edited:

sparow

Visit site
Because of the hunt heavies who are determined to keep hunting illegally, and who don’t want anyone interfering with that.

There are bad and nasty characters on both sides of this. The hunts and many of their followers are by no means squeaky clean, far from it.

Plus, the Pytchley haven’t even attempted to pin the carnage on the A43 on some non existent sabs, it was entirely down to the hunt hunting across a main road. The police had to shut the road and hold up traffic for 1.5 hours to deal with the aftermath.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Masked sabs have been around for decades though, well before the Hunting Act. As a young teen in the 70s, hacking home by myself from hunting, I was set upon by a car load of masked sabs who chucked hundreds of ball bearings on the road under my pony’s feet. It was utterly terrifying. I wonder why they wore masks?

And before I’m set upon again by the internet version of masked sabs, I have stated clearly on this forum that I think “trail” hunting should be banned outright.

sparow

Visit site
Just as an update. The Pytchley were hunting near to West Haddon on the Saturday before this incident when the hounds were killed and my husband was held up on the A428 while a huntsman was riding along the road trying to keep the hounds in the adjacent hedgerow. Again, why would a trail be laid this close to a major road. He saw no sabs at all just lots of hunt followers ignorantly blocking the road to other traffic.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Just as an update. The Pytchley were hunting near to West Haddon on the Saturday before this incident when the hounds were killed and my husband was held up on the A428 while a huntsman was riding along the road trying to keep the hounds in the adjacent hedgerow. Again, why would a trail be laid this close to a major road. He saw no sabs at all just lots of hunt followers ignorantly blocking the road to other traffic.

They have to move between one leg and another. They use the roads for this. I drag hunted for years riding along major roads, including airport approach roads to Manchester Airport, in a group of up to around 100 horses to get between one leg (trail) and another.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
Masked sabs have been around for decades though, well before the Hunting Act. As a young teen in the 70s, hacking home by myself from hunting, I was set upon by a car load of masked sabs who chucked hundreds of ball bearings on the road under my pony’s feet. It was utterly terrifying. I wonder why they wore masks?

And before I’m set upon again by the internet version of masked sabs, I have stated clearly on this forum that I think “trail” hunting should be banned outright.

Indeed, the ban came into force because of the sabbing and other political activism.

sparow

Visit site
Indeed, the ban came into force because of the sabbing and other political activism.
Husband said there was no evidence that they were trying to cross the A428 whilst he was there.
Have been doing some Google searches since the horrible accident last Monday and found a post (2016) suggesting Pytchley Hunt have been breeding their own fox cubs to chase. If that is the case it is truly appalling given the ban came into place in 2004 I believe.

ycbm

Visit site
Husband said there was no evidence that they were trying to cross the A428 whilst he was there.
Have been doing some Google searches since the horrible accident last Monday and found a post (2016) suggesting Pytchley Hunt have been breeding their own fox cubs to chase. If that is the case it is truly appalling given the ban came into place in 2004 I believe.

There wasn't any reason why would they be trying to cross it. I used to ride for a couple of miles on A roads as part of a drag, to move from one leg to the next.

Was your husband there for long enough to be sure they were hunting the hedgerow, not being moved along it? If so it does suggest that the illegal hunters are getting even more blatant, as people are suggesting above. That's almighty cheek to hold up traffic to cast hounds onto fox by the side of a road.

Burnerbee

Visit site
Do the hunt staff never stop and think, when they find themselves galloping down a tarmac road in their Georgian era outfits, surrounded by cars and lorries, that they’ve time travelled? And do they not think, in that moment, oh, yeah this is pretty weird, what the hell are we doing chasing foxes around the countryside whilst ordinary folk are out trying to earn a living, get to the doctor, pick their kids up from school…..

Just a thought.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Or was it Sabs calling them across the road ?
I remember a few years back that Sabs called hounds across a railway track and 12 hounds were killed by so called " animal lovers "

I'm pretty sure I remember the incident with hounds getting onto the railway track and I know there were claims of sabs being involved at the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no proof of this at all. I remember there being films of the incident (taken by people on the train) and the only people you can see are hunt staff. If sabs were involved, how come they were not captured on film at all?

It is a fact that hunts (not just this one) do sometimes lose control of their hounds and allow them to run onto major roads, which presents a danger to members of the public. I'm not saying sabs are never involved, but it definitely happens without sab involvement as well. Hunts do have to take a bit of responsibility for controlling their own hounds, particularly in areas which present a danger to members of the public.

paddy555

Visit site
. Hunts do have to take a bit of responsibility for controlling their own hounds, particularly in areas which present a danger to members of the public.
a bit of responsibility????? I would say they have to take TOTAL responsibility. Their dogs, keep them under control and that is not several dogs running loose down a major road.

Moobli

Visit site

Very true! Terriermen on quads often wear face coverings too. There are rather unsavoury characters on both sides.

Clodagh

Visit site
Do the hunt staff never stop and think, when they find themselves galloping down a tarmac road in their Georgian era outfits, surrounded by cars and lorries, that they’ve time travelled? And do they not think, in that moment, oh, yeah this is pretty weird, what the hell are we doing chasing foxes around the countryside whilst ordinary folk are out trying to earn a living, get to the doctor, pick their kids up from school…..

Just a thought.
I remember, many years ago, well pre ban, cantering down a main road next to a bus and thinking it was all rather surreal.
I wouldn’t do it now.