Qualifications

ShaneJ

Visit site
Hello! I am looking to gain some qualifications and was wondering what is the best! Is BHS or ABRS equivalent? I was thinking of getting my Stage 1,2 Riding Units then some other theory/care qualification. What are your thoughts?

Farma

Visit site
I am in the process of doing the bhs exams just about to take stage 2 exam, I am lucky that I found a centre where you can pay as you go on the course so there's no fixed time and cost so I have just plodded along with it, I have studied at home quite a lot aswell.
I have met some really nice people and learnt loads already which is helping me with my own horse so I would definitely recommend it x

cjwalker444

New User
Visit site
Hello! I am looking to gain some qualifications and was wondering what is the best! Is BHS or ABRS equivalent? I was thinking of getting my Stage 1,2 Riding Units then some other theory/care qualification. What are your thoughts?

I've done some BHS exams and I'm not sure about the equivalence of BHS and ABRS exams. I would say that BHS exams might be more respected, mainly because they're generally well known - but that doesn't mean to say ABRS exams aren't respected! Maybe you could look through the syllabus etc because it might be that the formats of the exams are different and one might suit you more? I'm sure with ABRS qualifications you could get some kind of exemption from some of the BHS stages in the same way it works with Pony Club exams, eg, B Test means you can get an exemption from Stage 2.