Racing this weekend

bonny

Visit site
Don't usually bet but had a tiny (think pounds) bet on Any Second Now and Intense Raffles in the Irish Grand National - came first and second, far better than I did in person at plumpton yesterday

Hope the Gigginstown horse who pulled up is ok, also glad the same owners horse who fell at the end is ok didn't think he was going to get up

Hope they retire Any Second now he's 12 so will be a nice end for him

Edit - just checked I won four whole pounds!!!
Well done 😀 any idea what you are going to spend it on ?

Gamebird

Visit site
Any Second Now has been some horse for them! A little bit of bad luck both in running (Aintree 2021), and with the handicapper probably cost him the big victory more than once.

I sneaked in 6th with an e/w, so also won £4, plus my stake back. The winner was very impressive, and could be a Gold Cup horse given his age. I feel so sorry for Daryl missing the ride as I knew how much he was looking forwards to it. Fingers crossed he can get back for a couple of good horses at Aintree.

Maddie Moo

Visit site

humblepie

Visit site

Gamebird

Visit site
There's a really lovely vid of Davy Russell reunited for a ride on Tiger Roll. Nice interview too. I think these vids (similar to Barry and Sprinter Sacre) are so great for showing the true affection jockeys have for individual horses. Davy comes across really well. Maybe I wouldn't be quite so scared of him these days!!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
There's a really lovely vid of Davy Russell reunited for a ride on Tiger Roll. Nice interview too. I think these vids (similar to Barry and Sprinter Sacre) are so great for showing the true affection jockeys have for individual horses. Davy comes across really well. Maybe I wouldn't be quite so scared of him these days!!

Thank you for posting loved that 😍 the way he's just mooching along like a riding school horse!

Wonder what he's getting up to in his retirement. ITV should do these sorts of videos, I'd like if they followed one being retrained over a few episodes, would find that really interesting

Gamebird

Visit site
Thank you for posting loved that 😍 the way he's just mooching along like a riding school horse!

Wonder what he's getting up to in his retirement. ITV should do these sorts of videos, I'd like if they followed one being retrained over a few episodes, would find that really interesting
He's definitely been doing some parading. I think I've seen him at Cheltenham and Aintree. He has also done the Racehorse to Riding Horse class at the RDS.

Smitty

Visit site
Does anyone know how Jack Kennedy and Sam Ewing are after the sensless assault òn them in an Irish town after Cheltenham?

Clodagh

Visit site
I follow Sprinter Sacre on fb. 😍.

I’ve got Glynn running today in the 3.20 at Uttoxeter. He’s a novice over fences at 10, but think of Faugheen!

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Tragic news that another jockey, Kota Fujioka, has died after a fall, this time in Japan.
Japanese jockey Kota Fujioka has died from injuries sustained in an Apr. 6 race fall, the Japanese Racing Association (JRA) announced on Thursday.
The 35-year-old Group 1-winning rider was dislodged from his horse during the seventh race at Hanshin and sustained head and chest injuries. He never regained consciousness his brother revealed on Wednesday to NetKeiba

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
That looks like a dead heat looking at the photo!

The new whip rules make finishes like that especially look so much more pleasing to watch