Racing this weekend

humblepie

Visit site
Usually all in very simple tack too, would be interesting to see how many of his go showing as he definitely has a certain type
He’s had a lot go on very successfully. Minella Rebellion current riding horse of the year ex Henderson. I picked out Barbers Shop as a show horse to be when was racing and he went on to huge success. So many smart bays and dark bays of a certain stamp. Mr Fisher eye catching sure wants to be a show horse 😀

Pleased to see Jonbon win. Not watching as out but watching via this forum!

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
I agree he has run a lot recently but I don’t think CW would run him if he wasn’t looking competitive and well.
As it turns out it was a step too far.

bonny

Visit site
Well that’s the end of the jump season, hard to believe it’s been won by an Irishman although he’s head and shoulders above everybody else so maybe it’s also a sign of the future. Roll on next season !

Clodagh

Visit site
Sorry, but 'as it turns out,' not good enough for me. I am thinking why subject him to another run.
He wasn’t injured or lame, he just didn’t win. If you didn’t run a horse that didn’t win there’d not be many entries. El Fabiola wouldn’t have needed to turn up.

Clodagh

Visit site
On the other hand (and I’m pro racing, obviously). Seeing fb posts saying Elixir ‘passed away’ is patronising and irritating.

Clodagh

Visit site
My OG horse in 17.20. I don't think I can watch
He went backwards more than forwards, such a shame. Can you tell me what they said? The wind op didn’t seem to help. As you know I used to have a share in him. Such a handsome horse and a character.

Smitty

Visit site
Well, I have had nothing "official" yet, but on OG Facebook they are speculating that he didn't run well as it's first race since op and that there was apparently a discussion between trainer and jockey about running him over fences in 3 weeks or so. I shall wait for my email though and I hope NH has an extra good explanation for the poor run as I had 50p ew😂.

I hope obviously he's OK and was just not in the mood, bless him! Will keep you updated.

Clodagh

Visit site
Well, I have had nothing "official" yet, but on OG Facebook they are speculating that he didn't run well as it's first race since op and that there was apparently a discussion between trainer and jockey about running him over fences in 3 weeks or so. I shall wait for my email though and I hope NH has an extra good explanation for the poor run as I had 50p ew😂.

I hope obviously he's OK and was just not in the mood, bless him! Will keep you updated.
Thank you. I suspect we are on the same page. 🤣. (I went trawling about him).

teapot

Visit site
He went backwards more than forwards, such a shame. Can you tell me what they said? The wind op didn’t seem to help. As you know I used to have a share in him. Such a handsome horse and a character.

My old gold hoss went backwards again on Thurs too - must be the week for it :(

Parrotperson

Visit site
Always thought it should be like the jockeys championship on numbers won not prize money won.

So sorry to hear about Elixir de nutz.