Rain Ranting Thread

Pinkvboots

Visit site
We have had a good few dry and windy days with sun and fields are dry in most areas now, although a bit of rain is forecast next week but mainly showers so hopefully it will not be too bad.

94lunagem

Visit site
We have had a good few dry and windy days with sun and fields are dry in most areas now, although a bit of rain is forecast next week but mainly showers so hopefully it will not be too bad.
I’m the same as you now, had a bit of rain off and on but mostly dry and windy. My fields are firm and puddles have mostly dried up. Hopefully what rain is forecast will be showers.

My two have even started finding a spot of sun and lying down together for a snooze after breakfast, which they only do when there’s a spot of sun to find! So I’m taking that as good news!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I’m the same as you now, had a bit of rain off and on but mostly dry and windy. My fields are firm and puddles have mostly dried up. Hopefully what rain is forecast will be showers.

My two have even started finding a spot of sun and lying down together for a snooze after breakfast, which they only do when there’s a spot of sun to find! So I’m taking that as good news!
Thats so cute bless them, I've put mine out naked today they have been dying to get out rugless.

We are in Hertfordshire and the fields do get wet but they tend to dry quickly.

Where are you?

94lunagem

Visit site
Thats so cute bless them, I've put mine out naked today they have been dying to get out rugless.

We are in Hertfordshire and the fields do get wet but they tend to dry quickly.

Where are you?
I’m in the Midlands.

I think that’s the key, as bad as the fields get, even allowing for how bad this year has been, they do always recover provided they can be rested.

I hope yours have enjoyed their naked day!

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Has dried up a lot here and I mowed the lawn today and got out for two hacks. 😁 the evenings are lovely now too before the sun sets. We have got rain forecast tomorrow morning though 😤 hoping it won’t be too much as the wind this weekend has done a great job of drying eveywhere up and the grass is growing like mad. Hoping to get mine out 24/7 this week weather permitting - I’ll just rug them up in the evenings if it’s chilly as I think they are about ready to start stopping out.

Floofball

Visit site
Annoyed with myself for not making the most of yesterday’s dry spell - heavy rain again today with normal rain forecast the rest of the week - potentially dry at the weekend. Happy Monday!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Raining here too, and looks like rain most days this week.

We started putting the wooden posts up in the summer paddock for a track, but when they'll be able to go in there is anyone's guess right now.

Chippers1

Visit site
I had planned to poo pick today as it had dried up enough...now raining again and all week so it will have to be missed yet again. The field is a slope and I just can't get a wheelbarrow through it as it is. Very glad that I took him to xc yesterday as it was probably the only sunny day we will have for a while :(

spotty_pony2

Visit site
It felt chillier here today but luckily we escaped most of the rain so the ground hasn’t got much wetter. We have a bit more rain forecast overnight and then tomorrow doesn’t look like a bad day and the rest of the week looks like typical April showers and a few strong winds which I don’t mind if it continues to dry the ground up like it is. I’m ready for the summer routine now for sure!

McGrools

Visit site
It’s been vile here, cold and chucking it down all day today. Still feels in the depths of winter.
I’ve had to resort to having some sun beds cos I just need some UV and warmth to cheer me up.
Please hurry up summer 🙏🙏

tatty_v

Visit site
The sun is out here today and I schooled without a coat this morning! It may only be for a day but it definitely lifted my spirits (less said about the quality of the schooling session the better though, bloody spring grass 🤣)

MarvelVillis

Visit site
Managed to get out for a lovely hack on Dartmoor on the weekend. We're lucky that one of the routes we can go has a gravel track as the moorland was very boggy and saturated. Trying to get my gelding fit for a fun ride we have booked for end of April, which is difficult when I'm a fair weather rider! We've got a dry day today for the first time in a while, and then back to heavy rain again tomorrow...

1.jpg

Sealine

Visit site
Lovely morning here in Herts. The ground has dried up well. The fields we aren't currently using have all been harrowed and rolled and look great. Hopefully that means a field move soon as we've eaten off the fields we moved into a few weeks ago. Whilst out hacking this morning I noticed a field being drilled and another that had been harrowed and probably drilled yesterday. Having said all that we have rain forecast for tonight!

PurBee

Visit site
With most of the next 10 days forecast with cloud and rain, except friday at 4pm which we’re assured will be clear and sunny for THAT hour (woohoo!), i’m spring cleaning the sheds and barns as the land is impossible to do anything with.

This biblical season must mean we’ve got a glorious summer ahead?! Surely! 😬🙏

southerncomfort

Visit site
Beautiful day here.

Watched my neighbour trying to reunite 2 newborn lambs with their mum after she buggered off and left them. Literally gave birth then jumped up and ran away to find her friends. Something tells me she is not going to be a good mother!

Heavy rain forecast all night tonight. 😭

Catbird

Visit site
So annoying as waiting for the small spring/summer paddock to dry out enough to use, but it keeps raining. The lovely sunshine is making the grass grow, but not long enough for a muzzle so I'm caught between keeping potential fatty in most of the time, keep turning him out during the day in the big field where the grass is getting greener and greener, or put him out in the day in the small paddock and watch him turn it into mud soup.
'Just' want some good field drying weather pretty please 🙏

dorsetladette

Visit site
Sunday was lovely here. We got so much done, which just makes you feel so much better about life.

Yesterday the wind was biting and today was forecast rain so i rugged the wimpy baby last night but no rain has arrived - yet.

I've closed off the summer paddocks now so they can rest for a few weeks before the boys go across. I had given them everything in a bid to save the ground a little, theory being they would stay in the driest area's. It's sort of worked.

ETA - Spoke to soon!!!! pouring down now - just in time for leaving the office.

Last edited:

SpottyTB

Visit site
Dry day until 6 then it tipped it down 😢. Starting to wander if we’ll be going on our annual holiday to Badminton this year or not… surely if we don’t get a decent period of dry they won’t run? (I really don’t want to even think about it but think I might go abroad instead at this rate 🤣)

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Lovely sunny day here today - I managed to ride before work. Rain forecast overnight though but we have dried up a fair bit - I’m impressed!

setterlover

Visit site
Dry day until 6 then it tipped it down 😢. Starting to wander if we’ll be going on our annual holiday to Badminton this year or not… surely if we don’t get a decent period of dry they won’t run? (I really don’t want to even think about it but think I might go abroad instead at this rate 🤣)
We go to Badminton horse trials and it's only 6 weeks away hope we get a run of dry weather soon.