Rain Ranting Thread

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Black Cat came in wet leaving a trail of soggy footprints all over the kitchen floor. Tilly cat just keeps looking wistfully at the cat flap then walking away.

Spotherisk

Visit site
The news tonight showed that Devon has already had 2/3 of its average annual rain this year 😳

I am supposed to be at an outdoor agility competition this Good Friday, at the Royal Cornwall showground. They are doing a ground inspection again tomorrow morning, tbh I am hoping they cancel but amazingly the day itself looks dry…

tatty_v

Visit site
We had a beautiful day here until late afternoon and then it hasn’t stopped raining since 😭 the road is already flooded again.

Landcruiser

Visit site
Got soaked earlier seeing yet more hay in...there is zero prospect of mine being out any time soon. 4 miserable ponies stuck eating (expensive) hay on a dreary muddy turnout area for months. Meanwhile my (heavy clay) fields have so much grass that I'm terrified to turn them out even if I could...they'd sink to their armpits and risk lami at the same time. I am so, so done with it. My OH told me off for whimpering while I was drying off by the fire...

ETA It's been raining heavily here in North Wilts for the last 12 hours. More forecast over the next few days😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
It poured again overnight, promises more tonight and the roads are once again flooded. For clay my field is looking very good but it doesn’t have anything shod on it and I managed to get it poo picked on Monday while I could get in and out of the gateway. Not a chance today, it’s a complete bog and so it starts all over again drying out, flattening the hoof holes, getting squashed between the two bringing them in as neither of them want to walk in fetlock deep mud and I can’t say I blame them, nor do I but somebody has to ☹️

HopOnTrot

Visit site
Half an hour of heavy sideways rain and high winds whilst I got the girls in this morning.

So fed up of mud, I have taken the children to some sort of soft play.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Am joining in and contributing my Doom and Gloom.

We are on Devon pink clay here and it isn't just wet, it is sticky goo. Vile stuff.

Riding is miserable too; there's water everywhere on the roads and the poor horses must get sick of being splashed by traffic going past them.

Can't even walk the blimmin' dogs either without having to put the blighters in the shower as soon as we get back.

And tissent just the rain; now here in the SW coastal area (south coast) we've got a perishing Yellow Wind alert for tomorrow (Thursday).

Dammit will it ever end?

lovely_ponies

New User
Visit site
We go to Badminton horse trials and it's only 6 weeks away hope we get a run of dry weather soon.

I usually would be counting down the days, but after the mud-bath there last year and barely being able to get round the shopping village, not to mention the car parking situation, I've held off booking my ticket for now. If we don't get dry weather soon I would completely understand if they called it off to be honest (and after the last minute cancellation of Gatcome last year, I think the majority of people would prefer them to say sooner rather than later and avoid wasted journeys!)

GrassChop

Visit site
Been really pouring with rain today and the wind has seriously picked up. It sounds horrible out there now. Feel so bad for the horses having to put up with this amount of rain. Please let this be the last of it.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Lying in bed listening to the rain hammering against the window. We moved to a new property last week which as yet doesn’t have stables so the horses are having to man up whilst I’m feeling guilty! Luckily the field they are in has big hedges and fresh ground. Totally fed up with this weather and it looks like another 2 weeks of rain on the way.

meesha

Visit site
Looking on camera before I head off to yard, field is back to square one, gripes are totally full of water, rain was biblical last night and like others, 2 more weeks of rainy weather on forecast !!! What the hell is going on?

I'm putting in a sand pen, thought no urgency as long as get it done before next winter ....will be putting it in asap 🙈

HorseMaid

Visit site
We've woken up to snow 🤣🤣 We're meant to be boxing up to a B&B on Exmoor for a couple of days later on today with the horses, I can't believe it! Praying it will all melt by this afternoon....

meesha

Visit site
Horsemaid, hope the snow goes, which b&b ? We are going to Exmoor in 3 weeks (Exmoor guided riding), hope weather is ok for u and us ...u would think April would be safe bet ...showers but not flooding !!

w1bbler

Visit site
Everything looked really pretty this morning with a covering of snow, actually lifted my spirits from the relentless rain.
Back to raining by the time I got to the horse, some is now mixing with icy sludge 😭

asmp

Visit site
We had a very heavy hail shower about 1.30am which woke me. It’s already rained quite a bit this morning and we also have strong winds later 😕

meleeka

Visit site
The wind is coming up here now, with occasional showers. I’m seriously considering my old girl’s future. She hates wind and rain and if this is what our winters are going to be like, I’m not sure it’s worth it for the few months of ok weather we get :(

One of mine came from Shetland in the Autumn and he’s loving his new mild climate. Thank goodness for his happy face at least.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I’m in the Midlands.

I think that’s the key, as bad as the fields get, even allowing for how bad this year has been, they do always recover provided they can be rested.

I hope yours have enjoyed their naked day!
They did enjoy it and were naked on Monday and Tuesday but since then it's been raining alot and we are back to horrible mud, the forecast is rain everyday now for 10 days it's been freezing with strong winds as well.

I'm sick of winter now.

GreyDot

Visit site
We've got heavy rain and wind even though the online forecast is trying to tell me it's light rain and sunny intervals :(
Impossible to properly train in this, realy feel for those trying to get their horses fit. Fields are totally trashed, still in proper winter rugs.
It has rained since the end of June last year.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
I'm another that woke in the middle of the night to a heavy rain storm 😔 Sunny now but heavy rain forecast lunchtime onwards.
Mine are in and happy to be but they can't stay in indefinitely and the fields show no sign of recovering. It's flipping miserable!