Rambo Duo vs Supreme

Kallibear

Visit site
I'm about to invest in a new (horrendously expensive) rug and will be getting a Rambo.

But which one?!
The outer part of the Duo is 100g fill and a lightweight Supreme is zero fill, but it could easily be made into a 100g with a liner. They otherwise sound very similar?

Is there a difference in fit or quality? I know the compatible liners are all the same so really it's any differences in the out that I'm interested in.

I can't decide if I want a Supreme lightweight and use it like the outer of a Duo, or if I'd be better with the already-100g Duo?

If anyone has both types and could advise, that'd be fab!

Last edited:

PorkChop

Visit site
I don't have both types but I much prefer the Supreme to the Duo.

Tbh both are fab, but when I looked at them I thought the Supreme was nicer :)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Well, beggar me. I've just invested in a new Rambo Duo, but tbh would have preferred a no fill outer rather than a 100g outer.
For some reason, I thought the supreme had a fixed neck (and I very rarely use the neck, so detachable is essential.)
Wish you'd posted this a week ago!
The Duo is fab, though.

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Just tried I new Rambo Optimo on my mare this afternoon just love the quality. Never had used the liner system before, but like the idea of been able to wash the liner. Even better got £50 off for handing in an old rug !

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Just make sure you're getting the newest designs rather than old stock, the new rugs have loads of nice design features

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have both too and much prefer the Supreme. It just seems a lot better quality. The Duo has frayed quite a lot around the tail flap but the Supreme still looks perfect after a lot of use.

Kallibear

Visit site
Well, beggar me. I've just invested in a new Rambo Duo, but tbh would have preferred a no fill outer rather than a 100g outer.
For some reason, I thought the supreme had a fixed neck (and I very rarely use the neck, so detachable is essential.)
Wish you'd posted this a week ago!
The Duo is fab, though.

Sorry!

Thanks all. Sounds like it's the Supreme then. I've seen both at shows etc but was so horrified at the price that I dared not look at the actual rug :eek: Buying online isn't real money, right?

whizzer

Visit site
I've got both & really like them, the supreme has prob had more use as its thicker & when horse was clipped it was the warmer one along with its liners. However horse is now retired & quite hairy so I suspect the duo will now get more use. Sadly they're both a size too small for my new mare or I could've redirected one onto her!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Absolutely love my duo. More versatile than the supreme?

Before you buy have you seen the offer at the minute?
For any Rambo turnout purchase if you send them an old turnout which is given to charity you get £50 voucher towards the new rug. You also get a paid postage label to send the old turnout :)