Rambo rug owners

Shavings

Visit site
looking at buying Chance a good no fill rug with high denier

Rambo has been mentioned alot!

any one had one and recommend?

also how do the necks attach to the rugs? Velcro? clips?

has it rubbed you horses neck or withers?

Chance doesnt wear a rain sheet all the time but in heavy rain so fair he has, although today is is wet and windy and only 10c and he was sweating in his current one!

so i doubt he will wear it often until the temp really dipped but we do get a lot of heavy weight here that can go on for days on end so want one that doesnt leak!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have 2 rambo 0g rugs, both have been excellent. I never get them professionally washed, I scrub the grease off the inside and dust off the mud from the outside and then they last forever.

one supreme and one original. The neck fastenings are different, on the supreme there are long velcro strips, one on each side of the neck, and i believe those necks are interchangable with the PE ones. (same as the duo).
On the original it has 4 little velcro tabs to fasten neck to rug.

They haven't rubbed any of my horses at all, they fit them really well.

dixie

Visit site
Love the Rambo rugs. I have a Supreme 6ft 3 for sale if you're interested as its too small for my horse.
The neck on this one attaches via Velcro long strips.
However I ordered a Rambo Original the other day and it seems they are now changing the necks and this one now attaches by the Velcro tabs which fasten to the metal loops on the rug.
I ended up buying the Amigo Bravo Lite which arrived today. Its has a 1200 denier and looks just as good quality to me as the Rambo - again the neck is attaching by the Velcro tabs.
https://www.redpostequestrian.co.uk...e-plus-lite-turnout-rug--navystrong-blue.aspx

eggs

Visit site
I am a big fan of Rambo rugs and have some that are more than 20 years old and still going strong. If you can get hold of the original Rambo rain sheet - the one with the blue mesh lining - I find they are great but none of mine have neck cover attachments. Mine mainly wear the Rambo Duo and I just change the liners as required. I tend to use PE neck covers with them though as they fit my horses better than the Rambo ones which seem to come up a bit short. Mine all attach with long velcro straps on either side of the neck.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
if you are handy with a needle and thread (I use a speedystitcher awl) it's quite straightforward to add attachments for a neck for any that don't have them :) the supreme/duo types just need a couple of pieces of velcro and a strip of webbing, the original/amigo types need those little square rings, can buy them on ebay ;)

Shavings

Visit site
Love the Rambo rugs. I have a Supreme 6ft 3 for sale if you're interested as its too small for my horse.
The neck on this one attaches via Velcro long strips.
However I ordered a Rambo Original the other day and it seems they are now changing the necks and this one now attaches by the Velcro tabs which fasten to the metal loops on the rug.
I ended up buying the Amigo Bravo Lite which arrived today. Its has a 1200 denier and looks just as good quality to me as the Rambo - again the neck is attaching by the Velcro tabs.
https://www.redpostequestrian.co.uk...e-plus-lite-turnout-rug--navystrong-blue.aspx

Thank you for the kind offer but it will be to small for my gelding also

would any of you say rambos are big or small fits?

Chance has 6'6 and 6'9s

his ruggles 100g fill is 6'6 and fits lovely

Leo Walker

Visit site
In have an Optimo and its the best rug I have ever owned! I managed to get a nearly new one second hand but they are worth evn the new price. They come up very big. I went a size down and its still roomy. Similar to PE size wise. The Duos are true to size. I only looked at rugs you can attach liners to so dont know about the rest. The necks on the optimo attach with velcro

paddy555

Visit site
I have lots of rambos. Can I suggest you get one with say 100g fill? the 0g fill tend to keep the horses colder which may not be so good in winter. The 100g don't make them hot but they just make the rug more comfortable for them. The rambos are very breathable and none of ours sweat in them. Mine is on a fat horse so I just want minimal covering on him. I bought another amigo bravo 12 100g last week. It was out in the terrible rain we have had and is waterproof. I bought mine without a neck cover. The rug has metal rings on to attach the neck cover (if you want one) by the velcro on the neck cover. I got mine from Redpost (there is a link above as someone else obviously got one from there!) they had the best price and also it was delivered the next day. I initially ordered from elsewhere but they told me they had a lot of orders for amigos and there was some delay so it may be worthwhile checking it is in stock if ordering online. I have an identical rug on another horse and it has done very good service.

brightmount

Visit site
I am a big fan of Rambo rugs and have some that are more than 20 years old and still going strong. If you can get hold of the original Rambo rain sheet - the one with the blue mesh lining - I find they are great but none of mine have neck cover attachments. Mine mainly wear the Rambo Duo and I just change the liners as required. I tend to use PE neck covers with them though as they fit my horses better than the Rambo ones which seem to come up a bit short. Mine all attach with long velcro straps on either side of the neck.

That’s a good tip about the neck covers as I found the Rambo necks too short too. PE are always selling off necks for a fiver in their clearance section.

I used Rambo for years and they are indestructible and very waterproof, but have switched to PE now as they are deeper for my fatty girl, with longer necks and bigger tail flaps.

whizzer

Visit site
I love them,had 2 that I used with liners. So easy to use,fit my old TB brilliantly. Lost him in the spring & bought a new horse,totally different shape but they fit her well too. Had to face the fact though that she’d rarely use the middleweight one as she’s quite fat & a very good doer so I sold it but did keep the duo as she’ll use that. Expensive but worth every penny.

Casey76

Visit site
I have Rambo indoor rugs. Never again :/

I have an optimo for Blitz, and the blooming thing never stays straight, plus the apron neck dooberry is the draftiest fit ever (then strangles him at night)

The one I have for Tartine has the V clip thingy on the chest and I hate it with a passion.

However they both keep the ponies warm, so I’m kind of stuck with them until they fall apart :/

jj_87

Visit site
I love Rambos's they are really robust, mine hasn't rubbed the highlands mane at all. I always try to buy them second hand as i can't afford them new :(

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Love mine. I have a supreme lite weight and it is really completely waterproof.
It attaches with Velcro which isn’t my favourite as I like to remove the neck during the day or on nicer days but it’s quite hard to get off.