Reading Shetland sale.

millikins

Did anyone else go? I thought prices overall looked good, especially for fillies. I could only look, currently very poor but the mare I would have gone for, (chestnut standard) sold for £945.
Some lovely ponies there, majority minis.

I was going, mostly to look at the ponies but to buy harness. Happily I picked up a set yesterday for a good price, so saved myself an outing in the horsebox..... cos I can't go to a sale in the car :D
Glad the prices were good (for the breeders), were there good quality ponies?

Elf On A Shelf

The prices look quite good. Better than the Lerwick and Aberdeen sales. There were some good quality bargains at Lerwick, I wasn't impressed with the quality at Aberdeen though.

varkie

Yes, I went. Some interesting trends. We picked up one colt, who wasn't popular with the majority of bidders, which I was very grateful for! For us, he will be a driving prospect for the future. Some very nice ponies, some good prices. Reading is usually higher than Lerwick or Aberdeen. I guess the location has to do with that. Now if only we could make the general public understand that just because a pony is small, it doesn't mean it should be dirt cheap, and that private prices would rise a little more, with more people valuing a good pony.

Elf On A Shelf

I've seen 6-8 of the meat money ponies from Aberdeen and lerwick being sold again privately for £175-300 by dealers. All originally bought for £70 or less. Fair play to the dealers, they've been making a profit and are getting them sold. It just looks bad on the breeders for selling for peanuts.