Reading Shetland sale.

millikins

Visit site
Did anyone else go? I thought prices overall looked good, especially for fillies. I could only look, currently very poor but the mare I would have gone for, (chestnut standard) sold for £945.
Some lovely ponies there, majority minis.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I was going, mostly to look at the ponies but to buy harness. Happily I picked up a set yesterday for a good price, so saved myself an outing in the horsebox..... cos I can't go to a sale in the car :D
Glad the prices were good (for the breeders), were there good quality ponies?

Visit site
The prices look quite good. Better than the Lerwick and Aberdeen sales. There were some good quality bargains at Lerwick, I wasn't impressed with the quality at Aberdeen though.

varkie

www.varkiesstud.co.uk
Yes, I went. Some interesting trends. We picked up one colt, who wasn't popular with the majority of bidders, which I was very grateful for! For us, he will be a driving prospect for the future. Some very nice ponies, some good prices. Reading is usually higher than Lerwick or Aberdeen. I guess the location has to do with that. Now if only we could make the general public understand that just because a pony is small, it doesn't mean it should be dirt cheap, and that private prices would rise a little more, with more people valuing a good pony.

Visit site
I've seen 6-8 of the meat money ponies from Aberdeen and lerwick being sold again privately for £175-300 by dealers. All originally bought for £70 or less. Fair play to the dealers, they've been making a profit and are getting them sold. It just looks bad on the breeders for selling for peanuts.