Recommend me something to keep my feet warm!

HorsesHavingFun

Visit site
As title really. My feet are constantly cold when I'm outside with horses, I'm not really thinking about buying boots to keep my feet warm, more like socks :eek:

PandorasJar

Visit site
Welly warmers are great.

I've looked at some neoprene socks at scats recently and considered, never used though.

Gator socks (don't know where to get but used to have some off an army mate) waterproof and toasty.

FairyLights

Visit site
wellie warmers over thick wollen socks. you also need to make sure your boots/wellies are bigger than normal to allow for toe movemnet and no restriction. Rambo Joules etc all sell wellie warmers and go for WOOLLEN hiking socks underneath

Chottsy

Visit site
I'd say heat holders too! :D You can get them pretty easily too, sports direct has them near me, or the big garden centres near me have them! :D Sooooooo warm! My feet are normally cold and ski socks dont do it, these keep them toasty! :D

meesha

Visit site
simples !!!!! DONT WEAR WELLIES - I have tried every sock with wellies and feet are freezing - as soon as it gets cold I swap into my toggis and one pair thickish (but not thermal) socks and my feet are toasty - wellies seem to freeze feet no matter what.

BlackRider

Visit site
The Sno boots from Derby House!

I bought some at the weekend, and they are amazing, my feet are so toasty warm :)

I got the Sno Seal boots -I love them!

Herts05

Visit site
Okay, here goes. Remember that if you wear anything with rubber soles they will just leach the cold from the ground straight to your feet. So regardless of how many pair of socks you wear you will still have cold feet.
So you need to create a barrier between the boot soles and your feet. Go to Timpsons shoe repairers (or equivalent) and buy yourself any kind of insoles. They don't need to be the thermal ones. In fact the ones that are made of cork are great and not too expensive.

If you really want to go the extra mile, go online and buy some possum insoles
http://www.kozitoez.co.nz/insoles-possum-sheepskin.shtml
These really are amazingly warm but getting more expensive every year. Buy them direct from New Zealand if you can as they work out cheaper. They do look like furry rats when they come through the post but you will love them as soon as you put them in your boots.

Lastly, I can highly recommend alpaca socks. They don't itch like normal wool and the most amazing thing is that you only need to wash them once every couple of weeks or so (no I'm not kidding, trust me and yes I am a clean person!). This is where I got mine and I wore them every day last winter and they have still got plenty of life in them.
http://www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk/PL.aspx?CatName=ALL_SEWN_UP/READY_TO_WEAR/socks

noblesteed

Visit site
I have a pair of woollen Barbour welly/hiking socks and they are the warmest socks I have ever had. Had them for about 10 years. Loads better than husbands ski socks etc.
I keep them in my wellies, when at the yard I put them on over my normal socks. They don't seem to be affected by damp or wet.
Also I would highly recommend rambo chaps to keep your legs warm, you will feel fully cold-proof then.

AmeliaVDW

Visit site
I was told by a farmer to use heat holders and plastic bags! To my surprise it really works. You can get a few odd looks though when you pull you feet out of the wellies with plastic bags attached!

Brightbay

Visit site
I got my first pair of HeatHolders on Saturday (along with my first actual merino thermal tops, can you tell we're having a bit of a cold spell? :D). Very impressed with the HeatHolders so far - I really didn't expect them to work, but so far - down to -7 this morning - happy feet :)

HorsesHavingFun

Visit site
Okay, here goes. Remember that if you wear anything with rubber soles they will just leach the cold from the ground straight to your feet. So regardless of how many pair of socks you wear you will still have cold feet.
So you need to create a barrier between the boot soles and your feet. Go to Timpsons shoe repairers (or equivalent) and buy yourself any kind of insoles. They don't need to be the thermal ones. In fact the ones that are made of cork are great and not too expensive.

If you really want to go the extra mile, go online and buy some possum insoles
http://www.kozitoez.co.nz/insoles-possum-sheepskin.shtml
These really are amazingly warm but getting more expensive every year. Buy them direct from New Zealand if you can as they work out cheaper. They do look like furry rats when they come through the post but you will love them as soon as you put them in your boots.

Lastly, I can highly recommend alpaca socks. They don't itch like normal wool and the most amazing thing is that you only need to wash them once every couple of weeks or so (no I'm not kidding, trust me and yes I am a clean person!). This is where I got mine and I wore them every day last winter and they have still got plenty of life in them.
http://www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk/PL.aspx?CatName=ALL_SEWN_UP/READY_TO_WEAR/socks

:D Thank you!

And I'm very sold on the idea of Heat Holders - so thank you everyone :)

Karran

Visit site
Heat Holders.

Or I got some FAB thermal long socks from M&S the other day. They were in the Children's section but I wear them when I'm watching football and sat still for 2 hrs or so and they are really good.

I also like some really fluffy socks, I think they're chenille? I wear them under tights and normal socks and I find they keep me warm too :) And good slippery type socks for lounging in pjs in!

Identityincrisis

Visit site
Ariat glacier- very expensive but this is my 5th winter and swear by them, i will buy another pair when the time comes. I really used to suffer and tried all manor of sock combos but these are a god send!