Recommend padded knickers or breeches that don't *ahem* 'chafe'

Cobcuddler

Visit site
Hello

Ever since I bought my horse 6 months ago, my sensitive area has been suffering due to the seams in my jods! I have several different pairs of different makes and I always make sure the seams are lying flat before I mount up, but to no avail.

I think actually it may be the saddle, as all my jods appear to have the same effect! I can't afford to switch my saddle just yet so in the meantime, has anyone tried any of the padded knickers please or can recommend some reasonably priced jods that don't have a razor blade seam / sandpaper effect when combined with a Wintec 500?!:eek:

The offending jods in question are Gallop, Sherwood Forest and Fouganz.

Many thanks for any help :D

ThePony

Visit site
I like full seat breeches, though I did find with my GP that I was more prone to 'issues' lol! Shortening my stirrups helped, worth trying too perhaps?

lamlyn2012

Visit site
I had this problem when my horse changed shape and his saddle was then not quite right. I changed saddle and solved the problem. Not sure about undies though, sorry!

Hawks27

Visit site
Am a good fan of a sheepskin seat saver heavenly though i have a dodgy hip so gives me extra cushioning i also have an old pair of padded whitaker show jumping johds but thier like cycling lycra and not the most falttering but do have a padded seat and they are very comfey. As far as pants go a good pair of well fitting bridget jones style granny pants with know seams lovely soft stretchy ones

Bojingles

Visit site
I don't know if I should admit this on a public forum but when I did a lot of hacking on a Thorowgood and found myself very, um, chafed, I got a big pot of vaseline and some disposable pants. Worked a treat and not too hard on the wallet ;-)

Darcydoo

Visit site
I had this problem got me a sheepskin ass saver. But it was really the saddle as now have a new saddle don't use the ass saver and not a chafe to be had.
Also tried OH cycling pants but decided against as made me look like a chick with ........ Visions of ending up in A&E to the amusement to the staff.

Last edited:

Romeorider

Visit site
Equetech Softseats have seen me through a couple of riding holidays without any issues. No wonder my husband soesn't mind me swanning off to Spain when he sees the undies I pack!;)

Cobcuddler

Visit site
Lol, everyone!
Romeorider, do the soft seats have padding in the front as well as the back? I was n't sure from the product description and the photo only shows the back!

curio

Visit site
i had the same with a wintec didnt matter what i tried got chaffed at the front and back on downhill built cob only a change of saddle sorted it took him treeless in the end with no more problems

Lami

Visit site
Anita do saddle pants without seams. http://www.anita.com/hu-en/Products,Anita_active,SADDLE_PANTS?PSID=1b2494c4c61480e94bcfecfeb128ec54

Never tried them tho. Incidently Anita do brilliant sports bras. They are quite hard to find as there doesnt seem to be many stockists out there. I just ordered a bra at a reasonable price from EnVie with 8% cash back via quidco. (thats where i saw the saddle pants too!)

Re chafing: try the cream they use for cycling long distances. Chamois cream i think its called.

Billabongchick

Visit site
Rather than cycling shorts you can get triathlon shorts/brief style bottoms. As they are designed for swimming and running in comfortably as well as cycling they are padded in the crotch/seat bone area but not as bulky as cycling only shorts so you can avoid the nappy look! Some are fleece pads but the best are like a gel pad. Try 2XU or Orca. They dry quickly too so one pair would be enough as will dry overnight.

pip6

Visit site
Try endurance riding tights! Company like performance equestrian, kerrits riding tights are some things to search for. They have the option of seat padding (covers front, underneath & rump), & knee padding are options that you can have. They are very comfy & don't have seams like jods! Can even get warm fleecy ones & waterproof versions.

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
shorten your stirrups, get someone to adviseyou on your position in the saddle ( could well be 'rolling' forward too much) and lookfor somekerrits ridingtights. Expensive but well worth it. I wouldnt want to put more padding/material down there as hemore there is,the more canchafe....

Romeorider

Visit site
:eek: name change imminent!

Yes the comfy seats are padded right through - the dressage ones aren't which is a shame as they do slightly less frumpy versions.