Recommend some riding gloves!

05jackd

Visit site
After wearing a hole through my gloves yet again I am thinking there must be something better out there. I have small hands so have always used the ‘magic gloves’ as they fit but they are no good for the increase in schooling I am doing now and they are ripping my fingers to shreds.

Any recommendations for some nice gloves for small hands?

Lou27

Visit site
I’m loving LeMieux protouch mesh gloves for schooling. I prefer them to be more on the thinner side and these aren’t bulky and are lasting really well.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Mark Todd ones. So comfortable, I have worn a hole in one and actually have a new pair but I can't bring myself to wear them as the old ones are moulded nicely.?

little_critter

Visit site
I like the feel and fit of Roeckl Chester but the grippy coating does tend to wear off. I think my next purchase might be a pair of Macwets as I remember them being comfortable and the grip is intrinsic to the material they are made of, not reliant on a coating.
If I don’t get on with them then I’ll go back to the old favourite Roeckl.

Skib

sites.google.com
Do we all stick with what we were told when we started to ride? Posh saddlery kitted me out for winter hacking with Roekl gloves.
But I also had woofwear fingerless for grooming. So one can feel every inch of skin. They seem to have gone out of existence.

Widgeon

Visit site
Another vote for Roeckls here, I use those for the winter and the Noble Outfitters ones for the summer. I never pay full price though, I keep an eye out for tack shop sales and buy three pairs at once when there's a good discount! I love the Roeckls so much that I wear them for all sorts of things I shouldn't and then they don't last as long...I have happy hands though.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Ariat Tek Grip. And then a second pair of the Ariat Insulated Tek Grip in winter.

I love them and have been wearing them for the last 8 years. They last well and they aren’t bulky. Not silly expensive either.

little_critter

Visit site
Ariat Tek Grip. And then a second pair of the Ariat Insulated Tek Grip in winter.

I love them and have been wearing them for the last 8 years. They last well and they aren’t bulky. Not silly expensive either.
I tried these a few years ago. The grippy stuff wore off very quickly and the underlying fabric seems to be made of the slippiest substance known to man.

GinaGeo

Visit site
I tried these a few years ago. The grippy stuff wore off very quickly and the underlying fabric seems to be made of the slippiest substance known to man.

Funny isn’t it. Never had this problem and I’ve had at least five pairs in this time! I did keep a pair for best when I was Eventing though, so they stayed mega grippy season after season ?

tda

Visit site
Just resurrectedthis thread as I'm looking at getting some Macwet gloves,to those of you that have them just wondered how they fit (I have long fingers) and do you have the short or longer cuff

little_critter

Visit site
I have macwet climatec and find they fit similar to Roeckl. I have long cuff but would get short cuff next time because the long cuff catches on my watch.
Looking to switch to macwet (non- climatec) from Roeckl when my current pair wear out.