Recommendations for cavaletti purchase…

Jellymoon

Visit site
I’m after some cavaletti cross and pole combos to buy, wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I’ve seen a few on EBay. I particularly like the wooden ones where the pole is fixed onto the cross and you can turn them around for 3 diff heights. Many thanks

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I’m after some cavaletti cross and pole combos to buy, wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I’ve seen a few on EBay. I particularly like the wooden ones where the pole is fixed onto the cross and you can turn them around for 3 diff heights. Many thanks

If you like that style then get a carpenter to knock some up for you, they're dead easy to make. They're all we had up to the nineties!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
When I was a child and learning to ride I was terrified of jumping for several years after falling off and landing on the sharp corners of the cross on a wooden cavaletti . ? Plastic blocks are a lot less painful to land on.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
A pony at our riding school broke his leg as the cavaletti rolled and stayed with him when he it it.

I bought blue and yellow plastic ones. Not as high as cavaletti but high enough for a little pop.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm trying to get hold of some old telegraph poles. I used to have a set of 6 which I left in my arena, those were the really thick ones but if I can only get normal thickness I'm going to make some little feet for them to sit on.

lottiepony

Visit site
Without sounding daft how high do you want them do be? I actually use dressage white boards to great effect. https://www.sportsmark.co.uk/all-dressage-products/multi-surface-arena-boards
My horse is a pansy and doesn't really like them as is super cautious (same attitude about pole work lol) but they are really good tool to use and I just have to make sure I use them regularly. Not particularly cheap admittedly but I think they're worth it, they will flip over if really clonked/knocked but spring back into shape if stood on, most horses seem to be quite respectful of them. Also most horses don't seem to take offence to them just my nitwit lol.
116265999_10158483967452184_4080514289663535769_n.jpg