Recommendations for horse communicator please ?

Spangles

Visit site
Asking for a friend who is at a loss where to go now .... (horse has been under veterinary care to date)

Recommendations so far have been Robert Pring & Ginny Patterson. Would love to hear experiences and how accurate they were.

Brownmare

Visit site
Sara coppin is amazing. I’ve used her a fair few times.
I have used Sara Coppin too and found her very good. One of my horses refused to talk to her but the other adored his session, she did reiki on him too and he lay down flat out and slept for an hour afterwards. However, she failed to pick up on his severe kissing spines, probably because we had stopped working him on order to get to the bottom of the problem so he wasn't in pain at the time of her visit. If I did it again I would work the horse immediately before the session.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Do they come out to you?
I can’t really believe I’m actually considering this ? I refuse to entertain the idea of phone call ones!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have had Robert Pring out in a moment of desperation (last ditch effort before booking having dangerous horse pts). I have had a few lessons with him as he's a classical dressage rider/trainer too and figured if nothing else he was a good horseman and therefore a good 2nd set of eyes on the horse. I wasn't sure about the communication bit but he did spot a sore area that I had missed so it was worth it either way.

Follysmum

Visit site
I turned down a free trip to Burghley as had a phone consultation booked with Ann Towill, then she cancelled it, only told me after the agreed time that she couldn't do it
I thought, I hope she's better at communicating with horses than she is with humans

Oh gosh that’s not good. I can only go on my experience with her and she was excellent . I had some photo readings from her many years ago and she was fantastic. In fact the horse she did a reading on had massive issues and she did a follow up free of charge.

sport horse

Visit site
Many years ago we used a telephone communication with a lady in Scotland. (Cannot remember her name sorry). I was sceptical and my professional rider thought I was deluded and refused to take part until I used a certain amount of pressure! I was very careful never to say what was wrong with the horse I just said that he had problems.

I still struggle to believe that she did not just strike lucky but she told us more about the horse than we knew and when we checked up as best we could, she was correct. The rider actual;y admitted that she said things that only he, as the rider, knew. She told us where he hurt and we treated with acupuncture and other ancillary treatment. We got the horse to a much better state than the previous years of veterinary input had achieved. I am still not sure I 'believe' in it but I might try again in similar circumstances.

TPO

Visit site
Many years ago we used a telephone communication with a lady in Scotland. (Cannot remember her name sorry). I was sceptical and my professional rider thought I was deluded and refused to take part until I used a certain amount of pressure! I was very careful never to say what was wrong with the horse I just said that he had problems.

I still struggle to believe that she did not just strike lucky but she told us more about the horse than we knew and when we checked up as best we could, she was correct. The rider actual;y admitted that she said things that only he, as the rider, knew. She told us where he hurt and we treated with acupuncture and other ancillary treatment. We got the horse to a much better state than the previous years of veterinary input had achieved. I am still not sure I 'believe' in it but I might try again in similar circumstances.

If its who I'm thinking of I woulsnt give this person any money.

She neglected 22 horses, resulting in at least 1 being pts. I think the SSPCA took the other in.

I'm sure google will have all the details.

I'd find it even harder to believe someone who claims to "hear" horses when she left her own to starve. I'm sure they would have had a lot to say about that...?

Tash88

Visit site
I’ve had a distance communication done from a photo and it was incredibly spot on to a level I couldn’t have believed. He wasn’t advertised so nothing could have been gleened from an advert.

Hi - would you mind telling me who you used? Please PM me if you'd rather. Thanks :)

doodle

Visit site
I wouldn’t bother! I tried one as a last resort with Phoenix. We had tried for 18 months to back him. She said he saw himself standing proudly with a rider on him with rosettes fluttering from bridle. He never did get backed and I’m pretty sure horses are not born with the idea of rosettes in their heads.

Griffin

Visit site
I have had Robert Pring out in a moment of desperation (last ditch effort before booking having dangerous horse pts). I have had a few lessons with him as he's a classical dressage rider/trainer too and figured if nothing else he was a good horseman and therefore a good 2nd set of eyes on the horse. I wasn't sure about the communication bit but he did spot a sore area that I had missed so it was worth it either way.

I know several people who have used Robert Pring and he was very accurate. I will book him for my mare if we ever get out of lockdown.

jojo5

Visit site
Another here for Robert Pring - distance process but info from him contained some detail that simply could not in any way have been known outside our family, and was so spot on we were shocked and not a little spooked.

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
I wouldn’t bother! I tried one as a last resort with Phoenix. We had tried for 18 months to back him. She said he saw himself standing proudly with a rider on him with rosettes fluttering from bridle. He never did get backed and I’m pretty sure horses are not born with the idea of rosettes in their heads.

Weird . I often used to see myself sitting proudly on a Badminton winner with a rosette fluttering from the bridle . That never happened either .

Tash88

Visit site
I know several people who have used Robert Pring and he was very accurate. I will book him for my mare if we ever get out of lockdown.

Just an update on this thread, I (well actually my horse) have a phone consultation with Robert Pring tomorrow evening. He seems like such a lovely guy over email; so far I have sent him two photos taken in the last six weeks as he asks for the whole horse and as recent as possible, and I'm going to take another one tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous though. @Griffin - so no need to wait until we get out of lockdown!

Aside from on here a friend had a consultation with him the other day and it seemed rather accurate, it was a coincidence that he was mentioned here as well. Over text he said he had a lot to write but that I shouldn't worry because it was all fine. It's £40 for a full session and £10-20 if you just want to ask questions, depending on how long it takes. I'm going to go for the full session - thought I may as well.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Just an update on this thread, I (well actually my horse) have a phone consultation with Robert Pring tomorrow evening. He seems like such a lovely guy over email; so far I have sent him two photos taken in the last six weeks as he asks for the whole horse and as recent as possible, and I'm going to take another one tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous though. @Griffin - so no need to wait until we get out of lockdown!

Aside from on here a friend had a consultation with him the other day and it seemed rather accurate, it was a coincidence that he was mentioned here as well. Over text he said he had a lot to write but that I shouldn't worry because it was all fine. It's £40 for a full session and £10-20 if you just want to ask questions, depending on how long it takes. I'm going to go for the full session - thought I may as well.
Hope it goes well and gives you some helpful answers, I’m looking forward to reading what happened and how you feel about it ?

Sandstone1

Visit site

Does he have a website or anything. I can only find a dressage rider of that name, unless its the same person?

Trouper

Visit site
I'm sure it will be helpful. He was for me. Just make sure you write down all the concerns you have so you don't miss anything - it is easy to get carried away/sidetracked in the course of the conversation and forget something!!
Will look forward to hearing how it went.

JoannaC

Visit site
A friend had Robert Pring and he did tell her exactly what we'd all been telling and that was basically it was her not the horse. This he got purely from her and was sensible advice that anyone with some horse sense could work out. He then said the mare wanted a blingy browband and some pink numnahs and at that point I decided not to bother getting him to come see my mare!

Tash88

Visit site
A friend had Robert Pring and he did tell her exactly what we'd all been telling and that was basically it was her not the horse. This he got purely from her and was sensible advice that anyone with some horse sense could work out. He then said the mare wanted a blingy browband and some pink numnahs and at that point I decided not to bother getting him to come see my mare!

What was wrong with her and/or the horse? Just asking out of interest.