Red setter puppy reserved!. Suggestions for an Irish linked name

Finlib

Visit site
I have now reserved our puppy (a boy)an Irish Red Setter
Can the lovely forum members help with suggestions for a name would like an Irish link .
Already have a Finnegan known as Finn
Have already had a Murphy Fergal Rafferty and Rufus I don't use a name again
Thanks in advance.

Skib

sites.google.com
I always wanted a red setter when I was a little girl. On afternoon walks with my Nanny and pram we met someone walking a couple. I am told that I called them Purple dogs. Our own dog was a wired haired fox terrier and I would like to buy one but OH wont have it.

smolmaus

Visit site
'Rua' is Irish for red. I had a friend who called his chestnut that and I always thought it was a musical sounding word
Rory is the derivative of Rua and I think makes a great dog name.

What about Conor? Means "lover of hounds" and gives good vibes he will be friendly with other dogs ? (also my partner's name, good solid name)

You could go proper mythical and call him Sétanta.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Lorcan or Oisin are two of my favourite Irish boy's names. meanings below:

Oisin (uh-sheen or o-sheen)
Meaning “little deer.” In Irish mythology, Oisin was a poet-hero, son of legendary warrior Fionn MacCool and the goddess Sive. His mother was turned into a deer by the Dark Druid, and she raised him in the forest for seven years; when his father found him while hunting, he recognized the boy as his own son and gave him the name “little deer.”

Lorcan
This name can means either “silent” or “fierce.” Lorcan was the name of Brian Boru’s grandfather as well as two kings of Leinster. It was likely used as the nickname for a “brave warrior.”

PurBee

Visit site
I knew someone who called their gorgeous red setter ‘blue’ …kid you not! ? In a strange way it really suited him…lovely dog/temperament….met a few and theyve always had lovely temperaments. You’re in for some fun…theyre super lovely!

Auslander

Visit site
What a lovely dog Auslander I love senior dogs so distinguished.
I'm 100% having another, once Bruno is no longer with me. He's an absolute charmer - a day without making a new human friend is not a good day! He tolerates other dogs, but he's far keener on people. He's easily distracted, stubborn, over-sensitive, and prone to prolonged sulks, but I wouldn't change him for the world

palo1

Visit site
I knew someone who called their gorgeous red setter ‘blue’ …kid you not! ? In a strange way it really suited him…lovely dog/temperament….met a few and theyve always had lovely temperaments. You’re in for some fun…theyre super lovely!

In Australia, red-heads are often called 'Bluey'...:) :) !!

CMcC

Visit site
I had Kerry Blue Terriers called Danny and Patrick (Paddy). My husband, who was Irish, vetoed Paddy at first as he said it was racist!

I now have a Saluki called Jonjo.

druid

Visit site
Malachy (Mal a key) - name of a High King

Darragh (dara) - boy's name, play on words as dearg is red in Irish

Aidan - meaning/translation is little fiery one....suitable for a setter!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Malachy (Mal a key) - name of a High King

Darragh (dara) - boy's name, play on words as dearg is red in Irish

Aidan - meaning/translation is little fiery one....suitable for a setter!
Dara means oak in Irish. I used to have two gigantic horses (over 18hh) named Dubh Dara and Dara Rua - black oak and red oak respectively.

druid

Visit site
Dara means oak in Irish. I used to have two gigantic horses (over 18hh) named Dubh Dara and Dara Rua - black oak and red oak respectively.

Depends on the context - can be oak, wise or beautiful/handsome!

ArklePig

Visit site
As mentioned by previous posters I love Setanta and Conor. Fiachra is a great name too, but it only came to my mind as its my OH name and he has red hair. ?