Regionals - whos going?

mrsh2010

Visit site
Firstly congratulations and good luck!

Where are you going? And when? Thought it would be nice to have a thread.

I'm going to Addington on Saturday. Just at Prelim on our comeback following our accident and surgeries. The plan is, it will be our last Prelim

dressage_diva

Visit site
Thanks how long do the tack checks take and do they check every horse? Been to AFs before but never been checked!

Will definitely remember my plaque - that's why we are going!!!

mrsh2010

Visit site
When I did my first Regional before our accident, we weren't allowed into the warm up without the tack check. It's only 5 minutes, but obviously you don't want to be caught in a que.

Not sure if this time will be any different, but the last time we went, the warm up was in the big outside jumping arena. The horse walk was therefore up through the field the opposite side of the road / arenas.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yes, in theory - entries are in for Summerhouse Novice Open with Kira
She's been a little lame on and off since getting kicked in the field around xmas. Vet thinks it's just a splint so we should be OK by then but we haven't had the preparation I was hoping for ;)

Will be happy to make up the numbers if she can just try her best :)

zizz

Visit site
Entered for medium and medium music at summerhouse, but thinking I might withdraw, horse feeling a little flat, waiting to hear back from vets re blood results, always the summers instead!

Street_Skill

Visit site
We're going to Houghton Hall for the prelim. It's our first regional and I'm excited and terrified! He's been lame on and off with bruised soles (damn weather and Thoroughbred feet) so I've entered thinking that if he's sound and we're not entered then we definitely won't be going! As for the plaque, we nearly drove off from our first area festival without ours until a lovely lady who'd I'd been chatting to from the trailer next door came running across the car park waving ours aloft. She had collected it from the secretary's office for us-so kind! Good luck everyone!

star

Visit site
We're going to Merrist Wood for Medium Restricted and Elementary Open Freestyles. I qualified for Advanced Medium straight class as well but we're not really ready for AM98 so have opted to leave that one.

Fuzzypuff

Visit site
We are off to Addington on Friday to do Medium music, then Merrist Wood in a couple of weeks for Advanced Medium non-music :D

milliepops

Visit site
I'm doing the Elementary restricted at Summerhouse, does anyone know if they do arena walks?

the online entry system says the following :
The arenas are open for walking Tuesday evening 23rd February from 19:30hrs in the outdoor Olympic Arena, and 21:00hrs for the Indoor arena. Times for the 24th, 25th and 26th will be published nearer to competition, but will be dependent on class start- and finish times.

Unless the times work for me I'm unlikely to make an arena walk but I just spotted they are doing arena hire in the indoor this week, with a fully dressed arena so I'm popping along to that instead :) I'm expecting my class to be outdoors but thought it would be a good experience for cob.

MungoMadness

Visit site
Thought I already asked this but apparently didn't hit enter!

Would you all say it's worth going to as a spectator? Prelim/novice regionals are something I'd be interested in aiming for in the future so I was thinking of popping over to Myerscough to watch.

milliepops

Visit site
If you have some free time then always worth popping along to watch I think :) Then you'll have an idea of what to expect when the time comes and it will be one less thing to worry about on the day ;)

dressage_diva

Visit site
I didn't know they did arena walks at regionals - is there one at Addington? My boy has never been to Addington and it will be the most dressed arena he has ever seen (though he was fine with it at AF)

Harry44

Visit site
thanks milliepops, it's a bit far for me to go this week and I think I'll be outdoors as well. Hopefully they'll have time on the day as he goes so much better if he's been in the arena for a walk around! Good luck everyone x

mrsh2010

Visit site
I didn't know they did arena walks at regionals - is there one at Addington? My boy has never been to Addington and it will be the most dressed arena he has ever seen (though he was fine with it at AF)

Only the indoor one will be dressed. The others are being held in arena 2 and 3 which are only 20 x 60s anyway

kathantoinette

Visit site
I have competed at the Northern Regionals (Bishop Burton) on Saturday - my first ever Regional competition, Prelim level. Came away with 62% which I was very pleased with. Broke my canter one one rein which cost us dearly - shame. But pleased none the less.

Good luck to everyone competing soon :)

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm doing Myerscough regionals next weekend. Just prelim. We shall see how it goes :D

We had qualified for novice music too but I have fallen out with my music and it just doesn't ride well anymore. So I decided just to do prelim this time around.

Lgd

Visit site
I'm off to Morris equestrian on Thursday, competing Friday myself and friend, who I'm travelling with, is competing friday and Saturday