Reins

ShowJumperL95

Visit site
What kind of reins do people use?

I use those bio grip reins because they are so thin, I went through a stage of not liking bulky reins but now I have started noticing the reins get slowly longer without me knowing. I think I need something thicker now to actually grip and feel something in my hand.

Does anyone have some suggestions on good reins?

flying_high

Visit site
I've got both pairs on different horses. The first link are quite big if you have small hands. The second link are finer.

I like both for different reasons.

Wheels

Visit site
I hate rubber reins!!

I use sabre leather reins with stoppers, they are similar to continental reins but leather all of the way down

oldie48

Visit site
I really struggle with reins. i've got tendon damage to several fingers so i find it difficult to keep my grip constant, i now ride in a double bridle and I've got webbing continental reins on the snaffle and very thin leather reins on the curb but I constantly have to adjust the length and I just cant keep them from slipping through my fingers. Wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't have a horse that takes advantage every time I adjust the rein. I love the gel reins but would want some with stops, does anyone make them?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
What kind of reins do people use?

I use those bio grip reins because they are so thin, I went through a stage of not liking bulky reins but now I have started noticing the reins get slowly longer without me knowing. I think I need something thicker now to actually grip and feel something in my hand.

Does anyone have some suggestions on good reins?

I have always been a fan of continental reins

Don't like rubber reins
don't like lace or leather

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I hate rubber reins!!

I use sabre leather reins with stoppers, they are similar to continental reins but leather all of the way down

Same here, I have them made bespoke with stops every 3 inches instead of the usual 6. I miss them if I ride other people's horses :)

Branna

Visit site
I use the Henry James bio-grip ones as above and absolutely love them.
Have a pair on every bridle, for XC/SJ and also not too bulky to use on my double bridle. Wish they did a thin pair for the curb also with stoppers.

ShowJumperL95

Visit site
Great thanks guys, I forget that there is so many different options of reins! I have only ever ridden in rubber reins. Maybe it could be time for a change

AandK

Visit site
I use the Henry James bio-grip ones as above and absolutely love them.
Have a pair on every bridle, for XC/SJ and also not too bulky to use on my double bridle. Wish they did a thin pair for the curb also with stoppers.

Same here, the HJ ones are great quality for the price and not too bulky. The stoppers have really helped me with my slowly increasing rein length problem!

Mule

Visit site
I use narrow, really soft, pimply rubber reins. I need a bit of grip cause I don't wear gloves. I like continental ones too cause I've small hands. I had an incident XC schooling where horse put on breaks in front of fence, I went over his head and got rope burn from the fabric of the continental reins. Needless to say I then switched to rubber reins.!

HBII

Visit site
Just ordered a pair of HJ with the stops, I am constantly faffing around with rein length - poor horse!

Thanks for the thread :)

Bubblewrap

Visit site
Hope you like them! I have reins with stoppers on as well, as I have circulation problems and lose the feeling in my fingers. They are great for making sure your reins are the same length as well as helping with reins slipping through. x

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Just ordered a pair of HJ with the stops, I am constantly faffing around with rein length - poor horse!

Thanks for the thread :)
Thanks for the thread from me, too. I'm another rein length faffer :eek:. I have just looked at buying a pair but they've currently sold out in full size in black, boo. Will get some when they're back in stock.

HBII

Visit site
Thanks for the thread from me, too. I'm another rein length faffer :eek:. I have just looked at buying a pair but they've currently sold out in full size in black, boo. Will get some when they're back in stock.

I was too impatient and ordered the hybrid eventer ones [note there is a 25% off code]