Pictures Remember Genie?

miss_c

Visit site
Well I still have her (she's never going anywhere!)… it's now been 2 1/2 years since she damaged her suspensory and Monday was D-day - we have tried two or three times previously to bring her back into work and it sadly hasn't happened. She's had over a year off in the field just being a horse so my vet came to have a look and see how she was doing and if we could consider trying one last time to get her back working. I am a pessimist by nature, especially after all the rubbish of the last few years, and very much doubted I would have the view between her ears again.

My vet has found that she is 1/10 mechanically lame, and told me to get on and get hacking in walk! :D:D:D In a month or so we can consider introducing little bits of trot and take it from there. So yesterday Genie was tied up to twine on the fence (she lives out 24/7 these days with no facilities), brushed off, tacked up, and off we went for a hack! There certainly are not many horses I would consider getting straight on after over a year off and heading out down the road. She was absolutely full of it, walked out a little too quickly and I had to keep reminding her to take it a bit steadier. I'm sure you'll agree that we are both smiling in the attached photo, taken by my friend as I approached her yard to meet her for our hack.

Onwards and upwards! I am incredibly grateful these days for every time I get to have a sit on this fabulous little mare.

3.jpg4.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Lovely! Everything crossed for you. I know the feeling well.. if I thought Millie's little buddy wouldn't mind then I'd take a saddle down to the field and take Millie for a hack round the woods. love those fluffy brown ears, they look so familiar :)

miss_c

Visit site
Thanks all! I’m mega-chuffed! She’s had a little clip yesterday so I can ride without her getting horrifically sweaty and onwards we go!