Remember that Daily Mail Story of the pony in the living room?

slumdog

Visit site
This whole thing makes me sick to the stomach. I too could arrange it to offer temporary homes, but honestly, I would never go and buy the horses and line her pockets. It absolutely sickens me that people get away with this.

Laws need changing to ensure the authorities can act much more quickly in these situations.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Exactly my thoughts. Also have land and transport but wouldn't give her money just so she can afford to go and buy more of the poor sods :(

Amaranta

Visit site
I have just learned that one of the colts in the garden is unable to retract his willy poor little chap :(

bayvelvet

New User
Visit site
This is shocking. I know it's pretty useless for me to say, as it doesn't help whatsoever. :(

After reading this thread I have myself phoned the RSPCA on the matter and "something is being done"? I'm not sure how valid this is or if it was to just get me off their behinds, any info from other callers would be great. Thanks.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
This is shocking. I know it's pretty useless for me to say, as it doesn't help whatsoever. :(

After reading this thread I have myself phoned the RSPCA on the matter and "something is being done"? I'm not sure how valid this is or if it was to just get me off their behinds, any info from other callers would be great. Thanks.

well done, i think the more people that phone the better, force them into action!!

Amaranta

Visit site

Well done! The more people that phone the better!

MissChaos

Visit site
well done, i think the more people that phone the better, force them into action!!

Curious that people seem sure those who should checking this out haven't been doing so already, even when told so - let's not get into an RSPCA argument ;). By necessity, unfortunately, they can't be expected to update openly and constantly in real-time.

_GG_

Visit site

Welcome to the forum Bayvelvet. That is exactly what they said to me as well, i called about 30 minutes ago. Also called BHS and WHW and they both said it was, "under investigation by authorities".

Hopefully something happens quickly.

AmiRobertson

Visit site
Right I have actually phoned hillside as I had a conversation with Wendy there last time who told me she was monitoring it. I have just spoke to her again and she asked me to send her the link to this thread. Anymore pictures please post them! She is going to contact jackie tonight.

_GG_

Visit site
Curious that people seem sure those who should checking this out haven't been doing so already, even when told so - let's not get into an RSPCA argument ;). By necessity, unfortunately, they can't be expected to update openly and constantly in real-time.

I don't think anyone is sure of anything, more that the general feeling is that the more calls received, the more support the authorities know they will have in their actions.

Too many calls are better than none.

ter21wat

Visit site
OMG those pictures are horrific....and the poor innocent little foal that died, words fail me!

I had been watching all the arguing unfold between these people on their HfHLtd facebook page....the last that was being said on there was that they were getting a vet out to see to the ponies...so I then asked the following day what had happened with the vet but never got a response as they took the page down! I had also gone on to the the WHW facebook page and posted a link to their page but didnt get any response from that.

Surely now with all the photographic evidence something can be done to save these poor ponies??

Superhot

Visit site
Would it help if the media got involved again, to show the appalling situation that is really going on, instead of painting this woman as a kind and loving person? Or would that jeopardise any animal welfare group trying to sort things out???

bayvelvet

New User
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Bayvelvet. That is exactly what they said to me as well, i called about 30 minutes ago. Also called BHS and WHW and they both said it was, "under investigation by authorities".

Hopefully something happens quickly.

Thank you very much for the welcome, GG.

I'm glad people are phoning here there and everywhere, this should be sorted out soon (she says hopefully!). Hillside are generally good, I might give Redwings a call either later or tomorrow morning also.

MissChaos

Visit site
I don't think anyone is sure of anything, more that the general feeling is that the more calls received, the more support the authorities know they will have in their actions.

Quite agree too many are better than none; it would be a very sad day when nobody cared enough to say anything. Just struck me to observe from a few posts that there seemed an assumption nothing was being done already or would be, is all. It's not hard to find welfare charity bashing (I'm not saying anyone has here!) and it's easy to be paranoid - but it's not the overall case. And as someone else said, far better that too many *do* call rather than keyboard bash but not report it.

Ladyinred

Visit site
Thank you very much for the welcome, GG.

I'm glad people are phoning here there and everywhere, this should be sorted out soon (she says hopefully!). Hillside are generally good, I might give Redwings a call either later or tomorrow morning also.

Great to have someone else who actually does something. Welcome from me too x

Please, everyone, call and harrass everyone you can think of.

I believe that the Daily Mail have also been given a link to this thread.

Oldenburg27

Visit site
I am sickend by this how awful and my blood is boiling, Beeston have alot to answer too there just as bad for selling them to the dick heads..

I really hope after this and people's eye's have been opened it will stop :mad:

babycham

Visit site
Right I have actually phoned hillside as I had a conversation with Wendy there last time who told me she was monitoring it. I have just spoke to her again and she asked me to send her the link to this thread. Anymore pictures please post them! She is going to contact jackie tonight.

I have photos is you need them

babycham

Visit site
I am sickend by this how awful and my blood is boiling, Beeston have alot to answer too there just as bad for selling them to the dick heads..

Beeston refused to sell any to her a few weeks ago, and announced his reson for refusing to , but others with her just bought on her behalf :(

sandi_84

Visit site
God I was looking at the first pic of the colts in the garden and I thought at first \i as looking at burnt brushy scrub land at first... then it dawned on me that it was a close up of this poor boys coat! :eek: It's scary that people can do this to horses and then with a straight face tell people they are rescuing them! :mad:

Ladyinred

Visit site

Difficult to blame beeston, although I can understand how you feel. Their job is to sell for the vendor, not vet homes. Blame those who put bin-end ponies through auctions rather than do the decent thing by them. Oh, and those who breed willy-nilly to make a profit with no regard for the state of the market or what they are breeding.

I understand some of the 'rescued' mares are probably in foal again...

LaurenBay

Visit site
Beeston refused to sell any to her a few weeks ago, and announced his reson for refusing to , but others with her just bought on her behalf :(

This ^

Her band of followers got them instead.

I can't believe how long this has been going on. The authorities should have stepped in a long time ago. This isn't the first time she has been caught scamming people either.

Ladyinred

Visit site
This ^

Her band of followers got them instead.

I can't believe how long this has been going on. The authorities should have stepped in a long time ago. This isn't the first time she has been caught scamming people either.

Worse leaving live animals to suffer than brides w/out dresses though.

Makes me laugh when the sister continually harps on about how they were 'well brought up girls' whilst the rest of us were dragged out of the gutter.

star26

Visit site
I missed this story the first time round, but have just read the DM article and had a look at the Photobucket pics, and have found it all really upsetting. The whole situation makes me so angry. Why, when these sorts of things happen, does it seem to take so long for the 'authorities' to do something?

Those poor, poor horses, ESP the pregnant mare, doubt she will have much strength to get that foal out safely. :(

Ibblebibble

Visit site

my thoughts precisely, :) no intention of welfare bashing

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site

Out of the frying pan into the fire, given the problems Hillside have apparently been having keeping their animals fed and in decent conditions:(