Remembering those we’ve lost this year.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
It is strange how this happens, I lost a ten year old horse then a six year old pony and still have the 30 year old.

Poor you, only 6, and 10, that's no age at all for a horse or pony. No wonder it feels strange for you to still have the 30 year old.

Jonna was getting close to 17 years, and had been eating special food better for her old liver for 1-2 years, so that she died wasn't unexpected, but even though Beata was as old as Blomma, it just felt as if she was a few years younger.
I thought we would maybe have to euthanise Blomma already back in September 2020, when she was diagnosed with Diabetes Insipidus. Then the medication didn't control the disease as well as her veterinarian had expected, yet, early this year the medicine caused her salt/sodium levels to drop too dangerously low, so now she's on a lower than normal dose of the medicine, which might not be enough to keep the Insipidus under control.
Besides that health problem, at the beginning of the year I noticed that Blomma had started to sleep deeper like some old dogs do, she doesn't hear as well as she used to...

Whereas Beata seemed fit as a fiddle. The only sign of her age was that maybe she saw a bit less well in the dark, but otherwise, she was just like a dog half her age. Until 3 weeks before Jonna died, when we found out Beata had last stage liver cancer. A few days after finding out that, we found out that Jonna's liver was probably soon about to stop working due to old age.

So things got quite intense, and that little corner of my brain which since 2020 have been trying to mentally prepare myself for having to euthanise Blomma before Beata (when Blomma's Insipidus can't be controlled anymore), probably just didn't have time to adjust.

Bellasophia

Visit site
In March I lost my heart dog Robin.Mini schnauzer with attitude..the breeder said she was the last pup unsold due to her growling ,defiant manner..Eight weeks old,I picked her up and the breeder told me to watch out…instead ,she put her head into my neck and we were both convinced. She was a true shadow,she never left my side,went in every environment without missing a beat.Passing cattle,tractors,shopping malls,thunderstorms,busy markets,nothing phased her.
Sadly taken too soon at seven with bladder cancer which spread to the colon.We miss her every day.A88275DD-F572-4162-8D74-27A2C9112840.jpeg

nagblagger

Visit site
Thank you ycbm, she certainly was an independent character until the end, which did make me smile. I had to get the knackerman as he could get there quicker than the vet and, as she didn't like men, I had to hold her as she went over the bridge. Bloody mule !

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I lost be beautiful, idiotic, stupidly pretty, American supermodel. GrayMo. He got attacked by a bought in stallion who went through 3 fences to get at him and broke his jaw amongst other things. I seriously regret not putting that damned shetland in the meat wagon with him.

View attachment 104770
I didn’t know that! How bloody awful, I’m so sorry 😞
I really love that photo though!