Remind me how to ride a progressive transition again please!

rosiesowner

Visit site
I haven't competed since May and can't remember the last test I did that had a progressive trans from trot to halt in it. There's one in one of my tests this coming weekend and I want to nail it. Remind me what the judges are looking for!! Is it progressive in the sense that there may be a stride of walk or two before the halt, or that the trot becomes more obviously smaller and steadier going into halt than it normally would in a direct transition.

Cheers my dears and hope it isn't too soggy where you are!

be positive

Visit site
You can show a stride or two of walk , I would not be aiming to shorten the trot although it can happen it will not gain you a decent mark.

Very windy and cold but still dry here in Somerset!

rosiesowner

Visit site
You can show a stride or two of walk , I would not be aiming to shorten the trot although it can happen it will not gain you a decent mark.

Very windy and cold but still dry here in Somerset!

Thank you! Just want to make sure I crack it. Though knowing my memory I'll probably forget and just ride it as a direct transition anyway!

Very jealous that you're still dry. Had my umbrella out walking to work this morning.

rosiesowner

Visit site
I'd add if they specify the transition *should* be progressive rather than it is permitted, then you should show some walk steps :)

Yeah that's how it's written that it isn't optional. Pity as I've been schooling to improve our direct transitions downwards and they're coming on a treat :p