Reolink Go - Battery issues

jnb

Visit site
As above, has anyone had issues with the batteries on their Reolink Go?
I've had my first one since September, all good no issues apart from the first week when OH and I flattened the battery playing pan & tilt with it oops.
I just bought a second one for the field, but haven't fitted it yet.
BUT......mine has started needing a charge once a week via the USB/Mains - I understand why when there's only 8 hours of daylight a day! However after about 3 weeks of this, it now only hold the charge for about 4-5 hours then dies, so yesterday I fished out the new one & set it up and put the "old" - September 2020 - one on charge - at 7am yesterday, by this morning it had only reached 82% so I'm thinking battery FUBAR'd?

Anyone successfully got once replaced? Amazon who I bought it through say I have to go direct to Reolink.....girding my loins for after Christmas
Just wondering if my £220 is down the drain :(

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the community group FB page is pretty active, i would try asking on there. I have found their support to be pretty prompt in replying by email too.

Reactions: jnb

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
It depends on whether your Reolink was sold to you by Amazon, or was sold to you by Reolink using the Amazon platform. In either case, your contract is with whoever sold you the item.

I just took a look at the current listing of a Reolink 3G/4G LTE Pan Tilt Solar Security Camera:
Sold by ReolinkEU and Fulfilled by Amazon.

If yours was sold in the same way, by ReolinkEU through Amazon, then the answer you got is correct, and you need to take it up directly with Reolink.

This does not affect your statutory rights, and you are entitled to a refund or replacement because the item is faulty.

Reactions: jnb

Sandstone1

Visit site
I have one and I have found it needs charging by the mains at least once a week and takes at least 12 hours to charge fully. The online support is good I contacted them about another issue with water getting in to the lens when I had it outside and they were helpful with that.