Reproofing ‘waterproof’ fly sheet

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I bought a waterproof fly sheet second hand. It had not been used as it was in its original bag with the folds intact.
It was used last night for the 3rd time so I could ride this morning. F was pretty wet so I could not.
I know if the waterproof layer deteriorates the proofer will not work but would not expect that to happen so quickly
So allowing that the sheet has not been used much and washed once without detergent which is the best reproofer to use please?
Nikwax, Fabsil or something else?
I don’t mind if the product comes in large sizes. There are always more rugs to reproof.
Thanks

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think I'd try Fabsil. it's quite likely the fabric wasn't ever that waterproof anyway, aren't they usually quite low denier on the flysheets?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
a google suggests they are 600d which ought to stand up to a bit of rain but would be a bit light for a normal turnout. the fabsil should definitely help it :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I bought a waterproof fly sheet second hand. It had not been used as it was in its original bag with the folds intact.
It was used last night for the 3rd time so I could ride this morning. F was pretty wet so I could not.
I know if the waterproof layer deteriorates the proofer will not work but would not expect that to happen so quickly
So allowing that the sheet has not been used much and washed once without detergent which is the best reproofer to use please?
Nikwax, Fabsil or something else?
I don’t mind if the product comes in large sizes. There are always more rugs to reproof.
Thanks
I found the best one is Lincoln https://lincolnhorsecare.com/product_category/weatherproofing/