Rest in piece baby girl

_GG_

Visit site
You have all been such a huge source of strength and support over the past week and especially the last 48 hours. I don't think I'd have coped without the support. Fly was put to sleep this afternoon. It was extremely peaceful. She buried her head in my chest when the vet put the local and catheter in and when she went down, I held her head and gave her kisses as she took her last gentle breaths. She knew she was being helped and she was calm as calm can be. It was as good as it could have been and I am relieved that she is no longer in pain and is now at peace.

She will leave a huge hole in so many hearts. Dan was able to come and be with me and police are being called tomorrow about it all.

For now...this is the beautiful girl you have all been helping me support. Bye bye baby xxx

Fly_zps5e43e4db.jpg

Fly2yrs_zps37aa7e58.jpg

Fly1yr_zps2aae113b.jpg

Girlstogether_zpsee375339.jpg

10252128_10152799085602892_5375917585400292628_n_zpsca516d02.jpg

537220_10151639961072892_308408596_n_zps24d854e3.jpg

Taken Friday...happy ponies in the beautiful surroundings
1512304_10152799078752892_1444132162081755886_n_zpsf9959878.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_x0wYrkVr0

Vickijay

Visit site
Im so sorry to read this. I just read the other thread and had everything crossed for a better outcome. She really was beautiful. The picture above brought a tear to my eye and I will be thinking of all that loved her x

Bobbly

Visit site
So sorry GG, they leave such a hole in your heart which can only be replaced with memories. Glad she went so peacefully.

Burmilla

Visit site
What a lovely horse. Love the pic of her hooning round in the snow and posing like royalty in the first one! No words can do justice to the depth of your loss. I am so sorry. Fly was fortunate to have you to care for her and be there at the end. She sounds as if she went calmly, knowing she was with you, and therefore had nothing to fear.
Please look after yourself now. Much love. Gx

JillA

Visit site
GG I've totally missed what happened but sending big hugs to you. RIP Fly xx

Me too, but if it was anything other than old age or untreatable illness you must be devastated, she was beautiful. RIP Fly. I hope you will soon be able to remember her and smile at the pleasure she brought you.

dollymix

Visit site
I am so so sorry for your loss. I read your other thread and kept hoping for a miracle.
But she is safe and sound now and probably stuffing her face in horsey heaven.
Massive hugs to you x

_GG_

Visit site
Me too, but if it was anything other than old age or untreatable illness you must be devastated, she was beautiful. RIP Fly. I hope you will soon be able to remember her and smile at the pleasure she brought you.

It was foul play and the police are coming tomorrow. Someone had been deliberately taking the fencing down and I don't think anyone actually hit her hock or anything, but she's never injured herself aside cutting her pastern last week, so I absolutely believe she has been spooked into running/panicking and fallen badly on it. I have no words. If anyone wants to know more PM me and I will reply when I can face it, but we think we know who (nothing to do with the companion pony) and we are feeling somewhat nervous at the moment.

It's unspeakable that this has happened because of a person being evil. I have no words :(

Last edited:

Madam Min

Visit site
So sorry for your loss! She was a stunning girl! RIP Fly xx

Take care -GG- and I hope over time the pain and rawness will ease xx

Boxers

Visit site
So sorry. I don't know the reasons behind this, but know from experience that the decision would not have been taken lightly. RIP Fly.

kirstie

Visit site
I'm so very sorry to read this, I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

You are so supportive to so many on this forum, I'm glad to hear you can draw strength back from it.

RIP Fly xxx