Reviews on clippers before I buy

Brandylion

Visit site
has anybody got a pair of Liveryman classic cordless clippers I need a set but on a tight budget it also says for fine coasts tho I know they would do my mares coat Not sure about the Connie though . Has anyone got a set and what do you think of them .

9tails

Visit site
I think, like Follysmum says above, that you're looking at trimmers. I have Liveryman Harmony clippers, they're bigger than trimmers and can accommodate wide blades, but they're not suitable for hairy beasts. I have a warmblood that grows a reasonable coat and they can struggle with her hairy bum. Cobby hair would be too much for them.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'd go for Masterclip. They are significantly cheaper than other brands, quality is good, customer service is exceptional, and I would probably buy them if they were more than other brands I am that pleased with mine!

Kat

Visit site
I have Liveryman Harmony clippers and they are fab. Cordless and quiet, easy to use, take a wide blade.

I have done a hunter clip with them and got a decent result but it took longer than with bigger clippers (I have Lister Star mains clippers too now)

Anything smaller isn't really suitable for clipping, more just for heels, ears and chins. I had some Liveryman Element trimmers when I was getting my horse used to clippers and managed to do a bib and belly clip with them but wouldn't want to do more.

9tails

Visit site
I'd go for Masterclip. They are significantly cheaper than other brands, quality is good, customer service is exceptional, and I would probably buy them if they were more than other brands I am that pleased with mine!

Are these cordless? I thought they were mains.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I had the liveryman harmony and hated them they couldn't get through his welsh D coat, reviews on them on here are very split they are either loved or hated

They are corded and not sure if they are made anymore but I LOVE my liveryman red rocket clippers they are really quiet and clipped him out yesterday while he was sedated, including legs and they had no problem despite his coat being fairly thick. Probably one of my favourite horse purchases, they are also quite thin I have small hands so wouldn't want anything too bulky as I'd be too scared of dropping them if I couldn't fully grasp them

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have recently got some liveryman black beauty cordless clippers. Done 3 horses so far and love them. They come with a mains cable too and have a variable speed setting so you can make them quiet for nervous horses or sensitive areas.Just throwing that in in case the budget can be stretched!

claret09

Visit site
totally agree i have masterclip trimmers and their cheap clippers and love them. the customer service is excellent as well

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
My liveryman harmonys I got whilst getting my boy used to the noise as they were quieter, I could fully clip with them but it would take hours!!! They struggled with the welsh coat. I've had Lister stars for years now & I love them, they go through anything like butter!